Super Contributor

Re: COVID vaccine reactions worse for those who unknowingly had it?

I haven't heard this, but I actually think that is counter intuitive. If you've already had it, I would expect to NOT have much of a reaction. 

Either way, I am getting my second shot in a few days. Most people I know are tired and achy for a day after the second dose, and then they're fine. 

Esteemed Contributor

@mimomof4 wrote:

There are sooooo many rumors and untruths surrounding the COVID vaccines.  Unfortuntely just because someone has Dr attached to their name or another impressive title, they can NOT be trusted.

Any time I see a Dr mentioned who is saying something unsupportive of the vaccine I google that Dr.  Its then that you start to see what that Dr really supports and likely isn't a Dr you want to follow.

I completely agree that there are probably thousands if no millions of people who had COVID and never knew it or got tested for it.

This is a new vaccine so everything negative is amplified in the media.  Does anyone ever wonder how many people have reactions to the flu vaccine every year - we never hear about those.

Agree. By the way we don't  often hear of how many people die of the seasonal flu each year - young and old .

Honored Contributor

Totally understandable. 

Honored Contributor

@PilatesLover 

One of the women in our group KNEW she had COVID - had her first shot.

At our Zoom meeting last Wednesday, she said she was sick for several days afterwards.  Aches, nausea, unable to sleep, upset stomach, couldn't eat.  She said the reaction was almost as bad as the COVID itself.

Respected Contributor

@skatting44 wrote:

@mimomof4 wrote:

There are sooooo many rumors and untruths surrounding the COVID vaccines.  Unfortuntely just because someone has Dr attached to their name or another impressive title, they can NOT be trusted.

Any time I see a Dr mentioned who is saying something unsupportive of the vaccine I google that Dr.  Its then that you start to see what that Dr really supports and likely isn't a Dr you want to follow.

I completely agree that there are probably thousands if no millions of people who had COVID and never knew it or got tested for it.

This is a new vaccine so everything negative is amplified in the media.  Does anyone ever wonder how many people have reactions to the flu vaccine every year - we never hear about those.

Agree. By the way we don't  often hear of how many people die of the seasonal flu each year - young and old .

Yes we do, the CDC puts that out every year and it runs in a bad year about 35,000 deaths.

Trusted Contributor

@PilatesLover From personal experience, YES! I had Covid over a year ago. Not to big of a deal. Just a normal type of flu. Vaccine #1 4 weeks ago, 7 days later I came down with the very worst headache I have ever had along with a fever that lasted 7 full days. My 2nd dose administered yesterday, I feel awful. Fever, body aches, nausea and just want it over. (Moderna)

My doctor also feels that it's a very strong possibility symptoms are far worse for people that had Covid. 

Honored Contributor

@Peaches McPhee wrote:

All these theories are tiresome. 

You know what?  Get the darn shot.  Just get it.  Your arm will hurt, you might be unwell for a few days, but guess what?  You won't suffer from COVID.  

Unless your doctor specifically tells you not to get the shot, GET THE SHOT.

(not directed at you, PilatesLover -- directed at everyone.)

I find people telling others what they should and shouldn't be doing about the vaccine to be tiresome.

I think people should be as informed as they possibly can be.  I have no desire to just blindly get injected with something that hasn't even been approved yet.  there are far too many unknowns about this vaccine.

If someone wants it, that is fine for them.  I would never tell someone not to get the vaccine just because I feel the way I do about it.  It's an individual decision and everyone's decision should be respected.    

Super Contributor

My take on all the hype about reactions, allergies etc

almost 50mm americans have received first dose...where are the horrible reactions? analyphic shock? deaths?

There arent any...the vaccine is safe unless you have had a reaction to ANOTHER VACCINE in the past.

so lets stop all the hyperbole, and gather together to spread positivitty.

Stop being part of the problem, be part of the solution.

I celebrate that we live in a world that could develop a vaccine in under a year to a deadly plague...for that is what COVID is..a world wide plague.

Super Contributor

@ProudMa   In reference to your second sentence...I'm sure there have been some negative reactions, but why would anyone publish those numbers?  Not good advertising.

Honored Contributor

My sister had covid in November.  She had the vaccine last week with no reaction except a slightly sore arm.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment