Trusted Contributor

Re: COVID breakthrough cases mystery

Wow, this is a great story to illustrate that getting the vax is no time to stop with the face coverings, hand washing, crowds, etc.--not until we get to herd immunity levels.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D Interesting story.  Did you see this on main stream news?  I ask because a lot of people seem to think that the vaccines are almost fool proof.  Once vaccinated you can't get or spread it which is untrue.

A hairstylist that I know told me about a client who came to get his hair cut and wasn't wearing a mask since he had gotten is vaccine and was "good".  She had to tell him to put one on.

Honored Contributor

The vaccines were designed to help prevent a person from being hospitalized due to COVID.  And none are 100% effective.

Hopefully, scientists will be able to 'tailor' future COVID vaccines to specific strains and variants, just like the flu shots are each season.

Honored Contributor

As a general rule I'm disinclined to take medical advise from anyone who is informed by unidentified, subjectively "well informed", secret sources who appear to espouse particularly dogmatic observations that defy openly available, clearly stated, research based data.

I feel comfortable stopping mid sentence if the "source" offered is "someone really smart who really knows the secret 'reasons' for stuff".

I know how it feels to have Covid. I know what it's like to love someone who's suffered TWO Covid infections, and is now vaccinated.

I'm fully vaccinated too. Still masking still avoiding unnecessary contact and being in large crowds still washing hands often still feeling VERY COMFORTABLE with present current governmental management.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

As a general rule I'm disinclined to take medical advise from anyone who is informed by unidentified, subjectively "well informed", secret sources who appear to espouse particularly dogmatic observations that defy openly available, clearly stated, research based data.

I feel comfortable stopping mid sentence if the "source" offered is "someone really smart who really knows the secret 'reasons' for stuff".

I know how it feels to have Covid. I know what it's like to love someone who's suffered TWO Covid infections, and is now vaccinated.

I'm fully vaccinated too. Still masking still avoiding unnecessary contact and being in large crowds still washing hands often still feeling VERY COMFORTABLE with present current governmental management.

Just an opinion......just because someone may be "smart" doesn't make then right all the time.  Also there is no excuse for "secret stuff", why is the truth not important.  Secret stuff is only used to manipulate.

Someday, when scientists discover the center of the Universe....some people will be disappointed it is not them.
Trusted Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

@Mindy D Interesting story.  Did you see this on main stream news?  I ask because a lot of people seem to think that the vaccines are almost fool proof.  Once vaccinated you can't get or spread it which is untrue.

A hairstylist that I know told me about a client who came to get his hair cut and wasn't wearing a mask since he had gotten is vaccine and was "good".  She had to tell him to put one on.

I don't recall anyone ever saying the vaccine was fool proof.  The scientists tell you this is not the time to let your guard down.  What they do say is if you get the virus after being vaccinated it probably won't kill you.

Yes we are still going to have to mask up and be careful.  I was dead set against getting the vaccine for a long time, now I just cannot wait to get the second dose over with,  Much like the Flu shot, which is also not fool proof, people have to use their heads, take precautions and listen to scientists.  Yes it is all an experiment.  That is what science is.  It is the best shot (no pun intended) we have over beating this thing.

Trusted Contributor

Not enough research on these vaccines that were pushed thru at the speed of sound.  What side effects will start showing months or years after?  I am sure no one knows, not even the CDC.

Honored Contributor

We got our first Pfizer shots on Fri, we were also quite hesitant which is why we waited some extra time and were not at the front of the line. but, it seems it is the thing to do to even begin to be more social, and others will expect that you get it, it will be much easier now for me to remain in my office around all my coworkers. 

Honored Contributor

Yes, quite a few around here (who I know of) (in my area) think that going around to 'get togethers' is just fine since they've been vaccinated.  No masks, standing very close to one another, etc.

Happy, joyous, etc.

Maybe they, out there on tv, etc.,  aren't emphasizing that it might be better to still be careful.

'

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

in my view there are way too many serious medical issues that seem to be passed right over when it comes to Genetics. Lifestyle/foods ate/weight and on it goes. Genetics, not important to them I guess. 

I am speaking from a genetically predisposed individual, 3 that I know about. Are there others I may find at my ripe old age?  If they don't look we will never know.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)