Esteemed Contributor

Re: COVID breakthrough cases mystery

[ Edited ]

I was under the impression that the vaccine wasn't going to keep us from getting the virus, it help to keep us from ending up in the hospital or dying from it. 

This is also what the nurse who gave my parents their vaccine's told them, that it wouldn't keep them from getting sick, it would help them not to die from it. 

Went to my vet's last week I was surprised to that the workers weren't wearing masks. One of them told me that they had all been vaccinated so they didn't need to wear them. This is the only business I've been in or even heard of where they weren't wearing masks since Asa lifted the mask mandate.

You can still get covid after the vaccine. And who knows if it will keep us from dying or not. I hope it will, but nothing is written in stone. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Jinlei wrote:

Not enough research on these vaccines that were pushed thru at the speed of sound.  What side effects will start showing months or years after?  I am sure no one knows, not even the CDC.

@Jinlei I totally agree!   

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who works in a nursing home so he was vaccinated a couple months ago.  However, nursing home employees are still being tested 3 times per week around here, whether vaccinated or not.

A couple weeks ago, he tested positive for Covid and was sent home. He was insistent he did not have Covid.  He had absolutely no symptoms at all  He contacted his employer and they had another test performed and that one came back negative.  They did a third test on him which also came back negative so he was allowed to return to work and they chalked it up to a faulty test. 

These were not the rapid tests, these were the PCR tests.