Esteemed Contributor

Just heard on the news that there was a study finding women who snack on cottage cheese before bedtime lost weight and had stronger bones.

I like mine with ketchup - wonder if that still counts?Woman Wink

Honored Contributor

@eddyandme wrote:

Just heard on the news that there was a study finding women who snack on cottage cheese before bedtime lost weight and had stronger bones.

I like mine with ketchup - wonder if that still counts?Woman Wink

Alexa - add a case of cottage cheese to my shopping list!!

Valued Contributor

I love it with pears or grapes. I’m trying to wrap my head around ketchup. lol!

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Always been a cottage cheese  consumer, but ketchup,NO ,not with it.

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

I guess the big thing now is cottage cheese with fruit mixed in, similar to yogurt.  I've tried it but just can't like it. even though I like cheese generally.  In fact I just threw out a cup of Muuna cottage cheese that had been in the fridge a while.  The top was bulging so I don't think it was any good.

Honored Contributor

Cottage cheese with fruit is the " big thing now"?  I've been eating it my entire long life.  My favorite is over-ripe honeydew melon which makes it seasonal.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I ate pears and cottage cheese as a child - I just remembered.

Honored Contributor

Cottage is one of my rotating foods for breakfast. I use the Daisy brand and add fruit and walnuts.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Cottage cheese with fruit is the " big thing now"?  I've been eating it my entire long life.  My favorite is over-ripe honeydew melon which makes it seasonal.

I knew I'd be ripped for saying it that way.  Smiley Happy  What I meant is that it's sold in small yogurt-sized cups in the supermarket with added fruit.  I don't recall that being done many years ago.

Honored Contributor

I love cottage cheese with pineapple.  I have been eating it this way all of my life.

Many people here in Pennsylvania eat cottage cheese with a dollop of apple butter on top. You can even get it in restaurants served this way...a Pennsylvania Dutch Treat.

I prefer Ricotta cheese to cottage given the choice.