Trusted Contributor

Re: 1,040 CALORIES IN A SINGLE WAXED PAPER PACKAGE OF GRAHAM CRACKERS

@new nickname 4 wrote:

Yikes, that's really sad, but on the brighter size, graham crackers are a good source of fiber?  I like a graham cracker quickly dipped in hot coffee.  

@new nickname 4 A good source of fiber? They have 1 gram of fiber to 8 grams of sugarSmiley LOL

"The good thing about Science is that it's true, whether or not you believe in it."
Neil deGrasse Tyson
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D    You might do better with a few Vanilla Wafers, not so sweet.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I don't consider 130 calories for a serving size (2 sheets) high calorie.  I love my graham crackers either Honey Maid or the store brand.  Eat them every day.

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

1,040 calories in one of the waxed paper pkgs of Honey Maid Honey Graham Crackers. 

There are eight sheets of the crackers inside one of the waxed paper packs. That amount of crackers is 1,040 calories.

Might want to check the math 🧮 per two sheets.

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 I agree, who would eat that many at once? But honestly I love them. As a kid we would have one square (a half of a sheet) spread with butter for a snack. It was yummy. And no I don't eat that anymore!

Honored Contributor

@SilleeMee wrote:

Now that will make me think twice before eating my next slice of pie with a graham cracker crust. icon_shocked.gif

Why?  It's not like you are sitting down to eat the entire crust with an eighth of the filling.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

1,040 calories in one of the waxed paper pkgs of Honey Maid Honey Graham Crackers. 

There are eight sheets of the crackers inside one of the waxed paper packs. That amount of crackers is 1,040 calories.

You need to check your math.

One serving is two sheets, 130 calories per serving.  The entire sleeve of 4 servings would be 520 calories.  

Honored Contributor

When I was a kid I would eat so many of those  grahan crackers dipped into whole fat milk and never feel guilty.... and I was a slender thin kid.  I ate anything I wanted and never had weight problem... use to eat white wonder bread all the time as a snack with nothing on it...just bread... being a kid was so much fun when you could do things like that WITH NO GUILT.... JUST PLEASURE!

Honored Contributor

@CelticCrafter wrote:

@SilleeMee wrote:

Now that will make me think twice before eating my next slice of pie with a graham cracker crust. icon_shocked.gif

Why?  It's not like you are sitting down to eat the entire crust with an eighth of the filling.

@CelticCrafter    @SilleeMee    Don't forget, when you make a graham cracker crust, you add more sugar plus melted butter.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

My package says 130 calories for 8 Graham crackers, sometimes I go hog wild and eat 10. It's about portion control although eating the entire sleeve would never happen for me.