Honored Contributor

Re: 1,040 CALORIES IN A SINGLE WAXED PAPER PACKAGE OF GRAHAM CRACKERS

I just checked my store brand graham crackers.  A serving (2 sheets) is a 130 calories; 3 grams of fat (that's low, 3 grams per 100 calories is what WW recommends); 1 gram of fiber and 2 grams of protein.  IMO, pretty healthy for a good tasting snack!

Honored Contributor

Did they change the recipe or where they are made? They don't taste the same to me anymore.

Honored Contributor

@colliemom4 wrote:

Did they change the recipe or where they are made? They don't taste the same to me anymore.

@colliemom4 Ritz crackers don't tast the same anymore either.

Esteemed Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

@qbetzforreal   Graham crackers are really cookies, aren't they?

@millieshops- Yes, they are like Animal Crackers are cookies.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sea Maiden:  We used to eat a huge 'brick' of very moist, thick, chocolate cake with chocolate icing with our lunch at lunchtime from our high school cafeteria.

Then.........since the bakery on the corner baked the exact same cake in large brick form, we would have one to eat on the way home.

My gosh........those were the days...........

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

MAJOR GOOF ON MY PART. 

O Gosh. When I was looking up the calories I used Google Images and the box I looked at had a different configuration of crackers. It said it was a different amount per package than the calorie amount per package on the other boxes which I just looked at on Google Images again. These boxes are giving a count of 130 calories for two sheets. There are 8 sheets in a package, so the math should be 130 x 4= 520 calories per package. The 1040 calories are for 2 waxed paper packages. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D 

I didn't comment on your original post. Honey Grahams I usually eat some right after I get done skating/get out of my wet clothes and into my shoes I came into the wearing.  

Never been one concerned with counting calories. Varied my weight for many years to match my seasonal activities.  Weigh 150-155 for playing hockey during the season. Weigh 130-135 for my distant running during the hockey off season.

Anyways, I just want to say this. Not many people would come back and say they were wrong, and that tells me a whole lot about you.  👍🏻

hckynut  🇺🇸

hckynut(john)