Contributor

Re: CITRACAL +D +Bone Density Builder

I take Caltrate with Vit D3. I would never take Fosamax. It destroys your jaw bone. It probably fixes one thing, but destroys another.

Honored Contributor

My trainer is studying for his doctorate in physical therapy.

Now that I am 61, he talks to me about proper care for my aging body.

I truly believe (and studies have shown) that load bearing exercise (weightlifting) is a fantastic way to keep up bone density. I do this at least 3x a week. He said that it's important to keep your bones strong since falls are one of the leading causes of death in seniors.

You don't have to lift heavy weights...it has taken me years to work up to that. You just need to lift enough weight for YOUR activity level. Walking is also a great way to help your bones.

Here are some easy ways to get started - with soup cans!

https://www.goredforwomen.org/live-healthy/heart-healthy-exercises/exercises-to-increase-bone-densit...

Respected Contributor

It's not my area of expertise; I don't know enough to have an opinion on this but I do take Citrical; I believe it all has vit d in it. I was diagnosed with a vit d deficiency several years ago and my body doesn't metabolize calcium or vitamin d well. My endocrinologist put me on Citrical (4 tablets a day) and emphasized that Citrical was the only calcium supplement he wanted me to take. Just Citrical because that's the one he has the most faith in. I remember he said that price isn't a factor that all the reputable brands have good ingredients; however, they don't all absorb easily, even expensive ones. If you take something but you just end up peeing it out....it isn't going do anything for you. So, I just take Citrical. Citrical does come in various sizes. The big long pills, a smaller mini pill (that isn't so mini) and gummies.

Regular Contributor

Interlibrary loan service through your public library usually offers research articles you want to read from other libraries (limit of 5 to 10 articles for free.) See or call or text or email your Adult Services Dept. Reference Librarian at your local public library. I ordered thousands of articles during my tenure. Forgot to mention the Juvent machine a powered plate not the Power Plate though, that inducts gentle vibration for building bone mass. An alternative to shots and ingestible supplements.