Respected Contributor

You are entitled to trust whomever you please.  I wish you the best with all of your medical decisions.

These days, I try to verify what I am told by a doctor prior to proceeding, because a doctor put my mother on a drug that killed her, and I had not done any research on that drug before consenting to let the doctor administer it to her.  I will never be that trusting again.  

Super Contributor

@mom2four0418 wrote:

@twentysixteen wrote:

@Jersey Born wrote:

The source is the package insert from the manufacturer of the vaccine. See page 11:

https://www.immunizationinfo.com/wp-content/uploads/Gardasil-9-Prescribing-Information.pdf

That's a source of part of your posts but not all, part of your posts is just speculation & (anti vaxxer) opinion. 

Yes, it is on pretty much all of anti-vax websites. I do research and trust my pediatrician when deciding what is best for my child.

@mom2four0418  What they do is piecemeal things they find online to try & make it look like they all fit together. It's criminal imho.

Respected Contributor

Best wishes to you.  Package inserts don't lie.  There is noting anti-vaccine about a package insert.  Dr. Christopher Shaw is a researcher who uses animals in his studies.  I have faith in his non-epidemiological research even if you do not.

Please note that I am not denigrating you with my words. That cannot be said about you, however.  

Super Contributor

Re: CERVICAL CANCER VACCINE

[ Edited ]

@Jersey Born wrote:

Best wishes to you.  Package inserts don't lie.  There is noting anti-vaccine about a package insert.  Dr. Christopher Shaw is a researcher who uses animals in his studies.  I have faith in his non-epidemiological research even if you do not.

Please note that I am not denigrating you with my words. That cannot be said about you, however.  

When people use pieces of info from different sources & try to use the fact that the pieces are from good sources yet the way they fabricate  them together is from their original bias that's denigrating & criminal even if they do it "politely." I have a daughter I'm doing my best to protect & nurture & I buried a son who was harmed by pseudo science junk so believe me it's as polite as I can manage when bad info under  pretense of "facts" is spread.

Respected Contributor

Here are some more studies that associate aluminum with the neurofibrillary tangles in Alzheimer's Disease, and they have nothing whatsoever to do with vaccines. 

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1568482/

https://www.onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/abs/10.1002/ana.410310310

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3791060

I have no idea what pseudo science junk killed your son, nor is it any of my business, but the studies I have provided are not "criminal" and they are not pseudo science junk.  It is not criminal to post articles after being asked to provide the articles, either.  I was supporting my statement when I was directly asked to do so.  

What is being fabricated?  There are no false studies here.  Are you stating that there is no aluminum at the site of neurofibrillary tangles in the brains of people with Alzheimer's Disease? Well, you are entitled to have a different opinion, if you please.  Where's the bias?  Anyway, have a wonderful evening.  

Respected Contributor

@Jersey Born wrote:

@Jersey Born wrote:

You neglected to mention that much of Shaw’s anti-vaccine “research” has been paid by the Dwoskin Family Foundation, one of the most profoundly anti-vaccine sponsors of research in the world. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Super Contributor

Re: CERVICAL CANCER VACCINE

[ Edited ]

HPV Vaccine Facts

"Vaccines to prevent human papillomavirus (HPV) infections continue to be shown that they are safe and effective.

The American Cancer Society recommends the vaccine as one way to keep more people from getting cancer.

HPV vaccination is cancer prevention.

However, myths and rumors shared on social media, blogs, and alternative health websites make claims that may scare people away from this life-saving vaccine.

The medical experts at the American Cancer Society have put together a list of facts about the HPV vaccine. If you have questions that are not answered here, please call us at 1-800-227-2345. We are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week to help you.

Fact 1: The vaccine is effective for cancer prevention.

Studies continue to prove HPV vaccination works extremely well. It has decreased the number of HPV infections and HPV pre-cancers in young people since it has been available.

Since HPV is known to cause cancer in men and women, the vaccine can help prevent these cancers in boys and girls when they get older.

Fact 2: The vaccine is safe.

The HPV vaccine has been on the market since 2006.

The vaccines went through extensive safety testing before becoming available. Vaccine safety is always being monitored.  

More than 270 million doses of the HPV vaccine have been given worldwide, including 100 million doses in the U.S. Studies continue to show it is very safe.

Like any medication or injection, there may be common mild side effects like headache or fever.

There can be pain, redness, and/or swelling where the shot was given. A person may have a more serious side effect, such as an allergic reaction or fainting when the vaccine is given.

Adolescents who have a severe allergy to yeast or any other ingredient in the vaccine should not receive the HPV vaccine.

Fact 3: The HPV vaccine is a series of shots for boys and girls.

The HPV vaccine is strongly recommended for boys and girls.

It can protect them from infection with the most common types of HPV that can cause cancer when they get older.

HPV is known to cause most cervical cancersand is also linked to cancers of the vulva, va****, p****, anus, and throat.

Since vaccines are used to help prevent diseases, children are vaccinated before being exposed to an infection.

HPV vaccination should start at age 11 or 12 to offer the most HPV cancer prevention.

HPV is so common that almost everyone will come in contact with it at some point in their lives.

Vaccinating your child against HPV helps protect them.

The HPV vaccine is a series of 2 shots given 6 to 12 months apart for children ages 11 or 12. The series should be complete by age 13. Talk to your child's doctor about how the series of shots may be different if your child is 13 or older.

Fact 4: The HPV vaccine does not contain harmful ingredients.

Some parents are worried about vaccine ingredients, one being aluminum.

There is aluminum in the HPV vaccine, but it’s a safe amount.

Aluminum-containing vaccines have been used for years and in more than 1 billion people. In fact – we come in contact with aluminum every day. It’s in foods we eat, utensils we use, water we drink, and it's even in breast milk.

Every day, babies, children, and adults come into contact with more aluminum than what’s in the vaccine.

Fact 5: The HPV vaccine does not cause fertility issues.

Research has not shown that HPV vaccines cause fertility problems (problems having kids).

The vaccine can help protect women from future fertility problems linked to cervical cancer.

The HPV vaccine is a safe way to help protect health and the ability to have healthy babies.

Fact 6: The HPV vaccine lasts a long time – maybe forever.

If your child gets the HPV vaccine they will make proteins called antibodies that fight the virus.

Antibodies give strong and long-lasting protection. While there’s no sign that this protection will go down over time, studies are being done to watch this.

Current studies suggest that the vaccine protection lasts a long time. If studies show that protection drops, a booster shot may be needed, just like some other vaccines."

https://www.cancer.org/cancer/cancer-causes/infectious-agents/hpv/hpv-vaccine-facts-and-fears.html

Super Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

That's a beautiful thought, but I fear that there will always be those fear-mongering anti-vaxxers.

""What about long term effects? 30, 40, 50 years from now?!?", they'll cry.

But, I'm all for the vaccine.

True @Anonymous032819. The fear mongering is sly and insidious and continues and is sad but something people of good conscience must watch out for. 

Super Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

One of the many miracles of our time.  If both boys and girls get the HPV vaccination, that will virtually be the end of cervical cancers.  I work in healthcare and I have read professional articles that say the vaccines are more effective than they ever imagined.  They also recommend them beyond the teen years for those 20somethings who didn't get the shots when they were kids. 

Agree @chrystaltree. Miraculous life saving.

Respected Contributor

I understand that the vaccine is free in Australia.

Australia has just about wiped out cervical cancers.