Esteemed Contributor

Re: CDC: Ebola Worst-Case Scenario Has More Than 500,000 Cases

On 10/1/2014 moonchilde said: I'm genuinely surprised it took the forum's newest health & fitness scaremonger this long to start in on Ebola. Those who are delighted to inform "everyone" about worst-case scenarios and govt conspiracies/failures, have at it. LOL. I am an intelligent adult who works in the healthcare industry. I refuse to encourage the hysterical fringe.

I hope wise minds and actions prevail. I understand why the Mods here remove her posts.

Super Contributor

I had been following the ebola outbreak since the early days, before it was in the mainstream news. When the doctors in the field made a statement about it being "out of control" (I think there were about 250 deaths at that time) and then the WHO immediately denied that fact, that was the huge red flag raised in my mind. On the other hand, if the CDC, which I'd expect to do the WHO minimizing, don't-start-a-panic thing, is ready to present a worst-case scenario, well, that's something to think about. - Bird

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 Javala-la said:
On 10/1/2014 WillEscapeCAsoon said:

By all means, lets spread more hysteria as well as ebola. Quarantine is apparently too politically incorrect to consider so we have to allow EVERYONE in. I need to get a cabin in the middle of nowhere. We are truly ridiculous. Stop flights into and out of affected areas. Period.

If you go over and get sick. Get treated there. No patients should be allowed back. If they are aide workers they should understand the risks. ONLY this will contain it. Some healthcare worker somewhere will make a mistake and forget to do something and it will infact spread until we start getting tough with allowing people from the affected countries in. Even at the turn of the century Ellis Island had a quarantine for people to show they were over their illness before being allowed in.

Some how too many have lost their way to reason...

We'll see how you feel about that when the first case comes to a town near you.

Super Contributor

On 10/1/2014 sidsmom said:

If available, I'm sure many on these boards would be lined up to get Cootie Shots.

I'll take a double with a side of anti creeping crud cream please!

Respected Contributor

On 10/2/2014 WillEscapeCAsoon said:
On 10/1/2014 WillEscapeCAsoon said:

By all means, lets spread more hysteria as well as ebola. Quarantine is apparently too politically incorrect to consider so we have to allow EVERYONE in. I need to get a cabin in the middle of nowhere. We are truly ridiculous. Stop flights into and out of affected areas. Period.

If you go over and get sick. Get treated there. No patients should be allowed back. If they are aide workers they should understand the risks. ONLY this will contain it. Some healthcare worker somewhere will make a mistake and forget to do something and it will infact spread until we start getting tough with allowing people from the affected countries in. Even at the turn of the century Ellis Island had a quarantine for people to show they were over their illness before being allowed in.

Some how too many have lost their way to reason...

We'll see how you feel about that when the first case comes to a town near you.

That was not direct towards you it was too those who are in denial just because one tries to forewarn to beware and use common sense. This case has now increased from 1 to 80 now from the movements of one infected person and who did those 80 come in contact with etc.

The NCIS New Orleans 9/30 show talk about this another kind of outbreak and was able to track a person movement by their cell phone, of course that was TV but is this not happening in real life...

CNN News http://www.cnn.com/2014/10/02/health/ebola-us/index.html

People lives before profit should be important too....

We need to pray for our troops who are being sent over there to help support the fight against the Ebola virus that is spreading across West Africa US troops head to Africa for Ebola mission

Trusted Contributor

I read in this morning's paper that in one town in Sierra Leone, Africa, the number of diagnosed ebola cases went from 1 to 190 in a weekend. There were horrific descriptions of overwhelmed, makeshift hospitals with people dying on the ground amid filth without enough trained, prepared caregivers to care for them. Some of the working caregivers are doing their best without adequate protective equipment. Awful to contemplate.

We have much better hospitals with special isolation units here. Except that if cases here began to multiply, we could quickly exceed the capacity of such units. Also awful to contemplate.

Yet the powers that be will not consider stopping travel back and forth between the US and west Africa. We will regret that.

Respected Contributor

The current outbreak is different than previous outbreaks in Africa because those were largely limited in scope to the interior regions of Africa. Ebola would spike and burnout as there were no longer enough people to become infected and it isn't typical to be re-infected with Ebola. The current outbreak is partly due to the ability of people to easily moving from one densely populated nation to another in West Africa and beyond the continent as the TX patient was able to.

Super Contributor

I live in TX. I feel blessed to not have to fly for work. I say my fear are the thousands upon thousands that are arriving now for the festival ,bands, ect cannot pronounce it at the moment but people from all over the world- Talk about germs period.

I use my shirt tail to open any door, and my foot to flush public toilets. As this is how my mom made me do it all my life.

I guess I will now start to spray my mailman with Lysol, and run when a plane fly's over.

I have never trusted the AP ,and am very cautious over the news. I say keep clean and keep faith.

Pray for those who have it, or those who know they were around it. They have to be tormented in fear.

God Bless

Respected Contributor

On 10/1/2014 annabellethecat said:

Hello Java.....was wondering where you were. We often think alike....I don't believe anything anyone says. I listen to all of it and decide what I want to believe.

I'm lucky, I don't work so I'm not out in the public unless I want to be (sometimes I don't go out for days). My family is out there and I worry about them.

You are very wise. I often think you are ignored too often. I don't think you believe everything you read either, do you?

Sorry they took down my reply

BTW this place is a joke and a fraud one can not even share their personal experience or truth just the bla bla bla no wonder we are at a lost shame on QVC and I will voice my opinion to head quarters!

I am a big spender here and not even allowed to voice my opinion with in reason.

Super Contributor

On 10/2/2014 nutmeg3 said:
On 10/1/2014 moonchilde said: I'm genuinely surprised it took the forum's newest health & fitness scaremonger this long to start in on Ebola. Those who are delighted to inform "everyone" about worst-case scenarios and govt conspiracies/failures, have at it. LOL. I am an intelligent adult who works in the healthcare industry. I refuse to encourage the hysterical fringe.

I hope wise minds and actions prevail. I understand why the Mods here remove her posts.

Oh it's not her 1st one on this subject. Webbie poofs her fear mongering posts & then she reposts them. Bet if any of us did that or kept starting threads like hers we'd be banned. Gloom, doom, panic, hysteria, quack "medicine", & conspiracy theories are all the op ever posts{#emotions_dlg.blink}