Esteemed Contributor

@PilatesLover wrote:

Efficacy can't be judged by taking a few doses and giving up when you don't see immediate relief.  It has to build up in the system for a couple of weeks and you have to take the right amount.

The problem is that there is no standardization.  Nobody knows what the right amount is.  I've reached out to several companies and was told "you have to figure out what works for you."

I take a 20 MG capsule morning and evening.  It helps a little with joint pain - when I ran out my hands definitely felt worse.  I can attest 100% it helps you sleep better.

I can't wait until there is more standardized research and we have definitive guidelines.  The stuff is wicked expensive if you're getting full spectrum.  I purchase from a farm in VT - SunsOil, and find them to be more reasonably priced and it's a good product.

@PilatesLover  That is my concern with it being standardized .   I know there is no FDA approval for herbals  or supplements .   I want to be very careful researching as much as I can.   I'm glad it works well for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@software wrote:

I was prescribed many different medications for hypertension until I found one I could tolerate.   I currently take Bystolic, have you tried that one?   It's generic now.  Nebivolol

I can't take any kind of meds for relief of arthritis, only acetaminophen.  I use CBD cream topically.  It helps

Taking CBD orally is not a bad thing but in my opinion, and I'm not a professional, I would not rely on it alone as a substitute.    Get a 2nd opinion

@Kitty Galore wrote:

my Dr. wants  me to start taking this instead of another Blood pressure medication .  I already take a mild one , but it isn't low enough my dr feels.     We have tried many others    all I couldn't tolerate.   I am very sensitive to meds.  I have done some research and I'm just not sure about this CDB .   I can't seem to find info on if it's standardized .   I know that's  important plus not all oils or herbs are safe depending on where they come from and what grade is used .   An herbalist would be who to consult I'm thinking Has anyone taken CDB oil if so what are your thoughts?

@software No I haven't tried that particular one.   I will bring it up to my Dr. And see what he has to say .  Thanks 😺

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

CBD can be purchased from some pharmacies.  I would tend to trust those.

I hope you will raise your very reasonable questions to your MD.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

Re: CDB Oil , any thoughts?

[ Edited ]

@Kitty Galore @I've read the studies on the effects of CBD on blood pressure. Two studies were animal studies using rats. I'm skipping those results here. In a small study of humans, CBD was compared with placebo to see if it could reduce blood pressure in mattresses males in their twenties. There were only a few partipants. I'll have to look back to see how many. CBD was 1% more effective than CHANCE at reducing blood pressure in the men. That is not very effective at all. Might as well just take the placebo. 
CBDs have their place in certain types of seizure and movement disorders, but their effect on blood pressure management is inadequate.

If your doctor wants you to get your blood pressure just a little bit lower without taking a different medication, try monitoring your sodium and potassium intake using a nutrition tracker such as My Fitness Pal to record your intake, or just try monitoring your sodium in foods by deeming a diary of the amount of sodium you've been getting as a baseline and reducing this amount once you know what you are currently taking in. If you can reduce your sodium and increase your potassium your bo should go down a small amount, which is what you and your doctor want. 

If you are a coffee or tea drinker, cut back on how much you drink. Both drinks can have a small effect on raising your bp too.

Persons with a high intake of blueberries and strawberries were shown to have an 8% lower blood pressure when compared to persons that don't eat these berries. This study included fourteen years of follow up in thousands of subjects and is from a highly respected source. 

"Researchers conducted a large studyTrusted Source with more than 34,000 people with hypertension.

They found that those with the highest intake of anthocyanins — mainly from blueberries and strawberries — had an 8 percent reduction in the risk of high blood pressure, compared to those with a low anthocyanin intake."

Beet juice consumption can directly lower blood pressure, temporarily. Drinking one cup is enough. This is a REVIEW OF THE MANY STUDIES WITH BEET JUICE AND BLOOD PRESSURE. There is very good evidence of its effectiveness at lowering bp.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6316347/

Honored Contributor

@Kitty Galore 

Please have Care to follow the advice of the physician who is providing your care, and check with him/her before trying any other alternatives.  They are not all harmless, he, she is in the best position to monitor your labs, and medications.

Best Wishes.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@Kitty Galore @I've read the studies on the effects of CBD on blood pressure. Two studies were animal studies using rats. I'm skipping those results here. In a small study of humans, CBD was compared with placebo to see if it could reduce blood pressure in mattresses males in their twenties. There were only a few partipants. I'll have to look back to see how many. CBD was 1% more effective than CHANCE at reducing blood pressure in the men. That is not very effective at all. Might as well just take the placebo. 
CBDs have their place in certain types of seizure and movement disorders, but their effect on blood pressure management is inadequate.

If your doctor wants you to get your blood pressure just a little bit lower without taking a different medication, try monitoring your sodium and potassium intake using a nutrition tracker such as My Fitness Pal to record your intake, or just try monitoring your sodium in foods by deeming a diary of the amount of sodium you've been getting as a baseline and reducing this amount once you know what you are currently taking in. If you can reduce your sodium and increase your potassium your bo should go down a small amount, which is what you and your doctor want. 

If you are a coffee or tea drinker, cut back on how much you drink. Both drinks can have a small effect on raising your bp too.

Persons with a high intake of blueberries and strawberries were shown to have an 8% lower blood pressure when compared to persons that don't eat these berries. This study included fourteen years of follow up in thousands of subjects and is from a highly respected source. 

"Researchers conducted a large studyTrusted Source with more than 34,000 people with hypertension.

They found that those with the highest intake of anthocyanins — mainly from blueberries and strawberries — had an 8 percent reduction in the risk of high blood pressure, compared to those with a low anthocyanin intake."

Beet juice consumption can directly lower blood pressure, temporarily. Drinking one cup is enough. This is a REVIEW OF THE MANY STUDIES WITH BEET JUICE AND BLOOD PRESSURE. There is very good evidence of its effectiveness at lowering bp.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6316347/

~

Honored Contributor

@Drythe @Sorry the word mattresses appears in my post. My iPad keeps changing words I type into complete different words. I don't remember what the word I typed was. 

Valued Contributor

I take Barlean's tincture.  Barleans is an American company that's been around for 30 years selling natural products in health food stores.  The CBD you need to buy from their online store.  I take it half an hour before bed and go right to sleep!

Esteemed Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I am just starting on the gummies. I started with one but have bumped up to two. CBD oil has no THC. I use it occasionally for when I want to sleep and my brain won't turn off. The two gummies do work for me. I am one of those where it takes a good hour to feel the effects. 

@Nancy Drew   Thanks for the info on the gummies I wondered about them .  Everything I read it mentioned the gummies which seems a better option over the oil.  Glad to hear they work well fir you .   No side effects ?  

@Kitty Galore No side effects at all. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.