Esteemed Contributor

Uhm....is she or he a real doctor? I'd get another physician opinion before giving up on meds. There are many options to try first.

Honored Contributor

If you are going to purchase it go to a dispencery they will have the real thing.  You get stuff from stores but look at ingredients. CBD might be last ingredient.  At a dispencery they are like pharmacist and they will tell you exactly what to get.  I have friends who say it works wonders concerning pain, never heard of it for blood pressure though.  But the staff at the despenceries can answer all your questions.  Good luck and let us know.

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

It's CBD not CDB.

I've never taken it but interested in the responses here. I didn't know it could be used to help with hypertension.  

I tend to be at times dyslexic ,   Give me a break.

@Kitty Galore wrote:

@pupwhipped wrote:

It's CBD not CDB.

I've never taken it but interested in the responses here. I didn't know it could be used to help with hypertension.  

I tend to be at times dyslexic ,   Give me a break.

You wrote it that way three times so I thought it was intentional. So sorry, @Kitty Galore.

I am similar to you with blood pressure meds....they throw me for a loop and so there are many I just cannot tolerate. I will be interested to see if this might be an adjunct substance that could help with controlling high blood pressure. I don't know much about it but I think some people use it to aid in sleep, too. I could certainly use help in that department.  Woman Frustrated

Respected Contributor

@Kitty Galore I haven't personally taken it, but a couple of my children have used it for anxiety and I gave the pet version to 2 of my dogs with cancer.  I don't know if it would help with hypertension or not, but 4 Corners Cannabis in Colorado is a reputable source for purchasing CBD products if you decide to.

Trusted Contributor

@Kitty Galore Thank You and interesting question. I am not allowed to even try so am interested in thoughts. My doc has a sign says any of his patients caught taking will be dismissed. LOL. Is because he is pain management and due to his prescribing of controlled substances even most CBD can turn a urine test alightly positive (heavens forbid) He just trying keep himself out of troubles.

Anyway I have never relied totally on western medicine. Goodness knows the horrible things that can happen with some of our "modern" drugs. Us natives have used naturals for centuries. 

All that being said is nice your doc is open minded enough not to have his patients totally reliant on big pharma and is open to add some safe adjuncts.. I think naturals can be used as a good adjunct to modern meds each has their place. Even the naturals one has to be careful as certain ingrediants can be toxic in large doses. 

Like another poster stated all CBD is not equal. Where you buy, carrier fluid, all those factors really do matter. Some cheaper carrier fluids go rancid so quickly. Some as one poster said CBD is last active ingrediant. There are some reputable distributors and dispensaries in some states. Maybe your doc has some good source info if you decide to try. I have friends who swear by CBD. My nerve pain from this rare illness unfortunately CBD did nothing when I was able to try.  IS the CBD for lowering BP directly via vascular or for lowering stress which we know how stress relates to high BP eh? Let me know please how you are. What an interesting Doc you have. Lots of articles to read out there on web...just check sources Good luck xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Stormy

Respected Contributor

I would get a second opinion also.  Not regulated (yet).  

Respected Contributor

I tried CBD internally and externally for back pain; and externally for dh's arthritis. I had high hopes that it could help me and DH.

It did not help at all. I purchased it at a legal marijuana store.The only result was the high price for an ineffective, do nothing  potion. I threw the bottles out.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Re: CDB Oil , any thoughts?

[ Edited ]

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

Uhm....is she or he a real doctor? I'd get another physician opinion before giving up on meds. There are many options to try first.

I just had to reply to this thread, I was curious with the OP question and did a search, and there is plenty of medical evidence of CBD trials on blood pressure and that it does work. It's amazing no one else actually looked it up, so this physician is giving her an alternative to a drug.

Here's just one of hundreds of sources listed and it is from our NIH:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5470879/  

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@Goldengate8361 wrote:

I just had to reply to this thread, I was curious with the OP question and did a search, and there is plenty of medical evidence of CBD trials on blood pressure and that it does work. It's amazing no one else actually looked it up, so this physician is giving her an alternative to a drug.

Here's just one of hundreds of sources listed and it is from our NIH:

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5470879/  

I couldn't get past the title, given to "healthy" patients.

People with high blood pressure are not healthy

Esteemed Contributor

I am just starting on the gummies. I started with one but have bumped up to two. CBD oil has no THC. I use it occasionally for when I want to sleep and my brain won't turn off. The two gummies do work for me. I am one of those where it takes a good hour to feel the effects. 

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.