Respected Contributor

I am also curious about CBD Products. I have seen CBD soaps and lotions and am wondering if those are any good.

Respected Contributor

On a family youtube vlog, Charlotte’s Web CBD oil was prescribed for a toddler with brain seizures. This seems to be a reliable brand.

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

I've just been looking at the cream, to rub on hip.

How do you take the oil ? swallow it from a teaspoon or tablespoon?

I’m not sure a cream or ointment would penetrate into the deeper areas of the hip.  I use it for heel pain.  Some days, I think it helps...other days, I feel like I could massage any cream into that area, and think it did just as well.

as for the drops...I haven’t tried those.  My husband took them and as I understand it, it could take weeks or longer to see any results. His drops were mixed into juice that he drank in the morning 

Honored Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@SharkE Come to Oklahoma.  There are CBD, "medical" MJ and all sorts of weed emporiums on every corner of every street.  Don't ask me about the "laws" (wink wink), cause I have NO idea what they are.  

But I have never seen so many botiques for anything in my life.  I think there are more of these than banks (which are on four corners of every street--and in a poor state like Okla?) and gas stations. 

@Sooner @SharkE 

There are lots of Dispensaries in Ok plus more opening all the time.  

Oklahoma is also the only state that does not have qualifying conditions for patient licenses. When I heard about that I thought no way but it's true. You have to be a residence here to get a card. Should not be a poor state with all the MJ sales. Hope Ok spends all the tax dollars wisely. You have to pay $100 for the license or $20 if on medicaid plus they charge you 7% mj tax every time you buy something on top of your county, city & local tax. 

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

I do. I have tennis elbow which about 8 weeks ago was acting up and so painful  it hurt to hold a coffee cup in the morning. I went to our local pharmacy that carries cbd products and got a balm. I have used it for past 8 weeks, three times a day and it is about 90% better.  For me, it really works. Hubs got the “real deal” cream but had to get a script from doc for it. He has arthritis in his hands and knees. Hes Been using it for about a month and he has very little pain or stiffness now. Its not a cure, but wow it definitely provides relief but you have to be consistent with use. Everyone is different but both of us respond to the product. 

Which product are you using? Most of the balms and lotions that help have arnica in them. 

The pharmacist gave me the Charlottes Web brand. I really wanted to try the cream my hubs has because it has thc in it but I take Eliquis and the pharmacist said no not a good idea.  The dispensary gave my husband good ole weed in a container and he just smokes it out of a pipe. In addition to the cream, he’s getting relief. Its very low in thc and he does not get high.  

Charlottes Web was the first strain to get major television exposure. Dr. Sanjay Gupta, a neurologist that reports for CNN,  visited the Stanley Bothers that invented and grow this high CBD strain some years back. The strain was being made into a tincture to be used with babies that had intractable seizures. Some of the children were having 300 seizures a month. The illness the little ones had is called Dravet Syndrome. The administration of CBD to the children caused a dramatic drop in the seizures, from hundreds, to just a couple or zero. The parents were fighting to be able to get their hands on Charlottes Web. Those that lived in non legal states were desperate.  The growers couldn’t grow enough at that time to meet demand. Dr. Gupta was so astonished by the amazing results in the children that he changed his stance on medical marijuana. Way back then I tried to get hold of the Stanley Brothers to see if my husband could try their high CBD strain in Colorado. He would have had to change his residence to Colorado back then. The Stanley’s did not have enough Charlottes Web at the time I made contact. Also, my husband could not afford to take up a second residence in Colorado. Years later, my husband visited Colorado and was able to try this strain. It worked the same as his Florida CBD strain. CBD strains are actually just good  ol’  hemp; marijuana with almost no THC but high in CBDs. Chances are the Charlottes Web is still grown under the same highly controlled conditions. The astsnleys have quite a growing set up. Since the name is known, it sells, and pharmacists associate the name with the medical revolution it brought about. 

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@bmorechick wrote:

I do. I have tennis elbow which about 8 weeks ago was acting up and so painful  it hurt to hold a coffee cup in the morning. I went to our local pharmacy that carries cbd products and got a balm. I have used it for past 8 weeks, three times a day and it is about 90% better.  For me, it really works. Hubs got the “real deal” cream but had to get a script from doc for it. He has arthritis in his hands and knees. Hes Been using it for about a month and he has very little pain or stiffness now. Its not a cure, but wow it definitely provides relief but you have to be consistent with use. Everyone is different but both of us respond to the product. 

Which product are you using? Most of the balms and lotions that help have arnica in them. 

The pharmacist gave me the Charlottes Web brand. I really wanted to try the cream my hubs has because it has thc in it but I take Eliquis and the pharmacist said no not a good idea.  The dispensary gave my husband good ole weed in a container and he just smokes it out of a pipe. In addition to the cream, he’s getting relief. Its very low in thc and he does not get high.  

I’m really glad your pharmacist is so helpful. 

Esteemed Contributor

My advice to those of you trying CBD or THC for pain is: do not mention that you are taking these substances to your regular pain doctor.  With all the interest in opioids, many states (including my state of Arizona) the doctors are required to cut you off of your opioids.  Yes, DH has a medical mj card but needs his opioids (same prescription for ten years).  The regulations to keep his opioid prescription become more and more difficult (won't fill an out of town prescription, his doctor must refill it from his office computer monthly ( this is a pain and really difficult if we are travelling out of state (or worse, out of the country).  

Honored Contributor

Re: CBD products

[ Edited ]

@SharkE wrote:

Anybody here use them? I got arthritic hip that kills me when I wake up

No other part of the day just upon arising in the morning.

Been seeing a lot of ads for this CBD crean, oils, etc.

Also, a product at Bed and Bath called Hempvanna.

CBD, isn't cheap. I bought 2 little samples of it to see if it was good for inflammation. Bigger jar was 80.

Use caution right now. Big news is breaking today about CBD vapes and edibles such as gummies. The Associated Press paid for its own testing of CBD vapes and found that many contained SYNTHETIC MARIJUANA, a very harmful substance. In addition, The AP went to each state to obtain information from lab reports used as evidence in criminal cases across the country. The lab reports showed that products labeled as CBD, including foods such as gummies also contained synthetic marijuana, and in one case fentanyl, and in another,  a harmful fungus. I’d hold off until this gets under control or I’d buy from a medical, licensed state dispensary which requires all products sold there be chemically analyzed and labeled. This last requirement still won’t help with the lung illnesses related to vaping because it is yet unknown what the cause of the illness is. It is suspected that the cause will the use of vitamins E oil used in some vapes. Some dispensaries might also be using the oil.  The oil gets into the lungs and causes a type of pneumonia called lipoid pneumonia

Honored Contributor

Didn't do me any good I woke up as stiff as ever.

Back to salonpas patches.

Thanks for all the replys !

Honored Contributor

yes, I use the cream on sore knees---however--I buy mine at a pot shop not off the web or in a drugstore. those folks know their product. It is very spendy tho but it works well.