Contributor

I use the CBD oil.  It has helped with arthritis pain in knees and hips, and it has improved the quality of my sleep (higher percentage of deep and REM sleep).  I take it sublingually (under tongue).  This method is supposed to be better for actually getting it into you system.  Pills, gummies,etc. are supposed to get destroyed or lessened by stomach acids before they can do any good.

I haven'r used the salves or roll-ons so I don't know much about them.

Do your research.  Many of the oils and other products do not actually contain CBD or are never tested to show percentage of CBD in the product.  Dosage varies also.  A good place to start is Remedy Reviews.  They tell who tests, % of CBD in product, cost, source of hemp, etc.

Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Anybody here use them? I got arthritic hip that kills me when I wake up

No other part of the day just upon arising in the morning.

Been seeing a lot of ads for this CBD crean, oils, etc.

Also, a product at Bed and Bath called Hempvanna.

CBD, isn't cheap. I bought 2 little samples of it to see if it was good for inflammation. Bigger jar was 80.

Use caution right now. Big news is breaking today about CBD vapes and edibles such as gummies. The Associated Press paid for its own testing of CBD vapes and found that many contained SYNTHETIC MARIJUANA, a very harmful substance. In addition, The AP went to each state to obtain information from lab reports used as evupidence in c4iminal cases across the country. The lab reports showed that products labeled as CBD, inclipuding foods such as gummies also contained synthetic marijuana and in one case fentanyl and in another a harmful fungus. I’d hold off until this gets under control or I’d buy from a medical, licensed state dispensary which requires all products sold there be chemically analyzed and labeled. This last requires ent still won’t help with the lung illnesses related to vaping because it is yet unknown what the cause of the illness is. It is suspected that the cause will the use of vitamins E oil used in some vapes. Some dispensaries might also be using the oil.  The oil gets into the lungs and causes a rtype of pneumonia called lipoid pneumonia

I believe that was mostly directed at individuals who are purchasing their marijuana to vape from street dealers or friends of friends of friends. The legal marijuana is grown under strict, sterile conditions. All employees are gloved and gowned when caring for the plants. It’s actually not the marijuana causing issues...its the illegal chemicals added to street marijuana as you indicated causing death and illness.

My sons friend who works in  a marijuana growing facility cant even come to work with a cold. He lives in Colorado. I believe those of you who live in Colorado can attest to the strict policies imposed on these facilities. The plant is pure. Thats what hubs gets.

Honored Contributor

I've tried it (yeah, mega-expensive!) and I don't think it helped me.  We do have fully legal weed in my state, however, and that helps me with some things.

For arthritis, however, have you tried eating cherries?  I eat 9-10 cherries a day.  I buy frozen bags of them and it's easy to just put some in a L&L bowl or something, seal it up, and put them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw for the next day.

I'm saying this because I truly think it has made a HUGE difference for a couple areas of arthritis that have been the worst, pain-wise.   Since I've been eating the cherries I have virtually NO pain in my right knee and left elbow, which were the worst of my arthritic areas for pain.   Before, they were both extremely painful almost all the time.

As for the weed, that helps me immensely with my PTSD, depression, and anxiety and also if I get the jimmy leg thing at night.   Nothing else will touch that but I do also take magnesium and a B6/B12/Folic acid supplement after dinner.  That helped a lot with the jimmy leg thing although every now and then I get a light problem with it.

Anyway, if you like cherries it's a great help.  I love cherries so when I heard about it I jumped right in.  Can't get fresh ones all the times but the frozen ones are pretty good.  I've been doing it for a few months now.   I'm amazed at how much it seems to work because I'm nnot one to believe everything I hear - pretty  much the opposite - so, since I do love cherries I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to try it.  So glad I did!  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

I believe that was mostly directed at individuals who are purchasing their marijuana to vape from street dealers or friends of friends of friends. The legal marijuana is grown under strict, sterile conditions. All employees are gloved and gowned when caring for the plants. It’s actually not the marijuana causing issues...its the illegal chemicals added to street marijuana as you indicated causing death and illness.

My sons friend who works in  a marijuana growing facility cant even come to work with a cold. He lives in Colorado. I believe those of you who live in Colorado can attest to the strict policies imposed on these facilities. The plant is pure. Thats what hubs gets.

Exactly!    It is an extremely sophisticated operation with legal weed.

I've heard about this synthetic product out on the streets and it sounds scary as heck!     I would never touch that.  What I buy is legal.

I was just at the weed store last week.  Tuesdays - senior citizen day - 20% off.   How cool is that? hehe

Trusted Contributor

Join one of the CBD FB groups.  There's a lot of information and a lot to be learned before a person goes out to "try" CBD.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

Just going back to big pain patches and pills. Maybe investigate steroid shots. Only time I have hip pain is after I hit the bed at night. As long as your up and active no problem.

guess the answer is to never sleep hahahahhah

Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

yes, I use the cream on sore knees---however--I buy mine at a pot shop not off the web or in a drugstore. those folks know their product. It is very spendy tho but it works well.

I bet there’s arnica in it.

Honored Contributor

@thisbe wrote:

I use the CBD oil.  It has helped with arthritis pain in knees and hips, and it has improved the quality of my sleep (higher percentage of deep and REM sleep).  I take it sublingually (under tongue).  This method is supposed to be better for actually getting it into you system.  Pills, gummies,etc. are supposed to get destroyed or lessened by stomach acids before they can do any good.

I haven'r used the salves or roll-ons so I don't know much about them.

Do your research.  Many of the oils and other products do not actually contain CBD or are never tested to show percentage of CBD in the product.  Dosage varies also.  A good place to start is Remedy Reviews.  They tell who tests, % of CBD in product, cost, source of hemp, etc.

Would you mind sharing the brand and the state where it’s available. I’d like to try this for my back.

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick wrote:

@Mindy D wrote:

@SharkE wrote:

Anybody here use them? I got arthritic hip that kills me when I wake up

No other part of the day just upon arising in the morning.

Been seeing a lot of ads for this CBD crean, oils, etc.

Also, a product at Bed and Bath called Hempvanna.

CBD, isn't cheap. I bought 2 little samples of it to see if it was good for inflammation. Bigger jar was 80.

Use caution right now. Big news is breaking today about CBD vapes and edibles such as gummies. The Associated Press paid for its own testing of CBD vapes and found that many contained SYNTHETIC MARIJUANA, a very harmful substance. In addition, The AP went to each state to obtain information from lab reports used as evupidence in c4iminal cases across the country. The lab reports showed that products labeled as CBD, inclipuding foods such as gummies also contained synthetic marijuana and in one case fentanyl and in another a harmful fungus. I’d hold off until this gets under control or I’d buy from a medical, licensed state dispensary which requires all products sold there be chemically analyzed and labeled. This last requires ent still won’t help with the lung illnesses related to vaping because it is yet unknown what the cause of the illness is. It is suspected that the cause will the use of vitamins E oil used in some vapes. Some dispensaries might also be using the oil.  The oil gets into the lungs and causes a rtype of pneumonia called lipoid pneumonia

Yes, I  was referring to the samples from the Associated Press article. The samples did not come from state regulated medical M dispensaries. I followed up with another thread about this. The medical cannabis dispensaries are well supervised an regulated in Colorado, Florida and California. I can’t speak about the other states. 

Honored Contributor

Re: CBD products

[ Edited ]

@chickenbutt wrote:

I've tried it (yeah, mega-expensive!) and I don't think it helped me.  We do have fully legal weed in my state, however, and that helps me with some things.

For arthritis, however, have you tried eating cherries?  I eat 9-10 cherries a day.  I buy frozen bags of them and it's easy to just put some in a L&L bowl or something, seal it up, and put them in the refrigerator overnight to thaw for the next day.

I'm saying this because I truly think it has made a HUGE difference for a couple areas of arthritis that have been the worst, pain-wise.   Since I've been eating the cherries I have virtually NO pain in my right knee and left elbow, which were the worst of my arthritic areas for pain.   Before, they were both extremely painful almost all the time.

As for the weed, that helps me immensely with my PTSD, depression, and anxiety and also if I get the jimmy leg thing at night.   Nothing else will touch that but I do also take magnesium and a B6/B12/Folic acid supplement after dinner.  That helped a lot with the jimmy leg thing although every now and then I get a light problem with it.

Anyway, if you like cherries it's a great help.  I love cherries so when I heard about it I jumped right in.  Can't get fresh ones all the times but the frozen ones are pretty good.  I've been doing it for a few months now.   I'm amazed at how much it seems to work because I'm nnot one to believe everything I hear - pretty  much the opposite - so, since I do love cherries I figured it wouldn't hurt anything to try it.  So glad I did!  Smiley Happy

I tried drinking sour cherry juice but it upsets my stomach. I’m going to take your advice and try eating the cherries exactly as you describe. I love the frozen cherry idea. I can even throw these in my smoothies. I’m going to get my husband to try this too. When you say weed for the depression and PTSD are you referring to a THC + CBD weed? I want to add that this is one of the most helpful posts I’ve seen. There’s plenty of research on cherries and pain. Thank you.