Contributor

FB had a CBD group and they have links to the most reputable companys. So far I just use the topical creams. They do help

Honored Contributor

Re: CBD oils or creams?

[ Edited ]

My husband has a card (in PA) to get medical marijuana.  It's pretty strict here and he has gotten some items for himself.  I asked him if they could suggest a cream or topical gel for my arthritic knee.  He picked up a cream with a lavender scent but it really didn't help much with my knee...I had no ill effects.

However I also have a problem big toe.  After xrays I found out that I have a bone spur on my toe which can make it very sore & a bit swollen.  The cream seems to help with my toe.

ETA: Since PA is so strict with this, DH must buy from a state run store.

Respected Contributor

what about sleep?  wonder if the oil could be for sleeping better?? Anyone use it for that??

Super Contributor

@ Montana wrote:

@JumpTheRope wrote:

After doing some research, I came across a serious recommendation for a website

which specializes in CBD products.

Each product shows Lab test  results from a 3rd party, showing various stats. such as percentages, etc.

They also have hefty discounts for various categories, such as for veterans (of which I am one). Of course they need “proof” such as DD214, or other qualifying records of 

income or disability.

Check out lazarusnaturals and see what you think.

@JumpTheRope Thanks for being willing to give a specific recommendation. I find specific information to be the most useful.

Actually, I wasn’t sure if it was allowed here. Since I didn’t actually make a link, maybe it escaped the algorithm ! 

Super Contributor

Re: CBD oils or creams?

[ Edited ]

There are certain strengths which seem to aide with sleep.

As with anything though, different strokes for different folks.

Im placing an order w lazarusnaturals for their “starter oil”

(lower concentration) because I’m a horrible sleeper!

Although weed is sold legally here in MASS., I’m just not comfortable 

with standing in line...plus I’d be embarrassed to ask questions..

but that’s just me!

I want NON THC oil for sure!

Respected Contributor

@JumpTheRope wrote:

There are certain strengths which seem to aide with sleep.

As with anything though, different strokes for different folks.

Im placing an order w lazarusnaturals for their “starter oil”

(my nickname)  because I’m a horrible sleeper!

Although weed is sold legally here in MASS., I’m just not comfortable 

with standing in line...plus I’d be embarrassed to ask questions..

but that’s just me!

I want NON THC oil for sure!

thank you for sharing.....I also wouldn't even consider using the kind with THC in it either!  

Respected Contributor

@twinkies wrote:

Yes . I have tried the ones without the thc.[the stuff that gets you high.]They help me relax and sleep and yes they do seem to help with pain.Not all brands are equal . Some are good and some are bad . I would not advise buying on Amazon

cathy from ma

@twinkieshello would you care to share what brand is helping for sleep?  I am looking into this and ran across a brand called VIT4 and am looking into  lazarusnaturals as another poster in this topic posted.  

Respected Contributor

someone told a family member about this and said it works so well.   the brand they use is hempwerks and said it is free of arsenic and fillers.

Respected Contributor

@FlowerBear  thanks for sharing the brand that's working!

I am looking right now and don't really understand much of anything....just trying to find one to test out for sleeping.

Respected Contributor

@JeanLouiseFinch wrote:

My DH and I recently jumped on the CBD bandwagon, to give it a shot.  Two key things that you'll want to be sure of with the oral drops is that you're getting full spectrum oil and that it's the only thing in the botttle aside from maybe a flavoring (usually peppermint from what I've observed). 

Your oil should have a dark green appearance.  The first brand we tried was a disappointment.  I ordered without researching because my cousin sells it.  It turned out that avocado oil was the first ingredient.  We used it faithfully for two weeks and didn't notice a thing.  The stuff isn't cheap so I returned it for a full refund, less shipping. 

The current one we're trying is sold by someone else I know and she's been super helpful with information, guidance, and support.  I signed up to be an associate (no fee) but I don't have any plans to operate as a business other than if an immediate relative wants something.  This particular company has assorted strengths of the oil but they also have gummies, haircare, skincare, pet care, pain care, vaping oils, etc.  We feel much better about this company/product than we did with the first.  

@JeanLouiseFinch  what do you mean about "full spectrum" oil?  Does that mean it has THC in it?