I just finished CBD oil by Joseph Frayer, and it's one of the best and most informative books I read.  It mentions how CBD oil could deal with anxiety, but isn't it a little dangerous for people to take CBD oil, or any other medication, to treat anxiety?

I mean, I feel like a lot of people feel bad because of situations their in within life, and taking any type of medication silences the problem until it grows too big.

Am I paranoid?

Frequent Contributor

Re: CBD oil helps with Anxiety?

Smiley LOLjjj. Seriously?  

Trusted Contributor

What is CBD oil?

Super Contributor

My 18 yo son takes CBD hemp oil as it is a natural remedy and greatly relieves the anxiety that he has experienced ever since he sustained a brain injury during tackle football.  I do think it’s important to address any underlying concerns.  Our son never had anxiety before the injury, but now it is a fact of life along with constant head pain (which is significantly improved through traveling to concussion clinics inside and outside of the country).  Anxiety can be overwhelming and is very common in brain injuries so if there is something that is natural to treat it over pharmaceuticals, we have encouraged it.  Our son has found Charlotte’s Web and KOI brands to be effective.  You can also vape KOI, which gives you almost immediate relief.  When you take the tincture, you may have to wait up to 2 weeks of consistently taking it to see if it will help you.  

I have great sympathy for anyone dealing with anxiety and while I encourage looking at all underlying causes (a naturopathic doctor can help to look into things that western medical doctors usually don’t, such as low magnesium), taking something to relieve your suffering can be life changing for some.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@batman007 wrote:

I just finished CBD oil by Joseph Frayer, and it's one of the best and most informative books I read.  It mentions how CBD oil could deal with anxiety, but isn't it a little dangerous for people to take CBD oil, or any other medication, to treat anxiety?

I mean, I feel like a lot of people feel bad because of situations their in within life, and taking any type of medication silences the problem until it grows too big.

Am I paranoid?

Paranoid is the wrong word, what you are is uninformed on the issue. Being uninformed is easy to fix; paranoia is a psychological disorder that requires treatment. There's a difference between being sad or anxious about something and suffering from anxiety or clinical depression. Being anxious about public speaking or meeting your boyfriend's mom for the first time isn't necessarily anxiety. People with anxiety are in an anxious state frequently and over things most people don't feel anxious over. How they are treated depends on the person, the doctors, and the underlying issues. Mental health issues can be external and/or biological.

Using medication is addressing the issue for many people. Others need medication so they can get to a point where they can begin to address other issues with different treatments. Some people use talk therapy, cognitive behavioral therapy, or other treatments instead of medication. And while old versions of shock therapy have a well-earned bad reputation, newer versions of ECT really do work for some people who need to have their brains 'rebooted' due to very serious clinical depression.

You should read some books on psychology next. They're always fascinating.

Thanks for the recommendation about the Frayer book. I'm looking into CBD oils and topical creams to help my mom with her rheumatoid arthritis and that book sounds like it might be a useful resource!