Honored Contributor

Re: CBD ROLL-ON OIL FOR KNEE OSTEOARTHRITIS

@pdlinda - Is there any reason you can't have another gel injection to get you through the next few months?  I don't have this problem, but my sister-in-law in law does and she has the injections about every six months.

Worth asking your surgeon.

Trusted Contributor

@Venezia   Funny you should mention that because that thought crossed my mind this evening.  I will call my surgeon Monday morning to see how we can arrange it as I think that will be my best bet!!  Thanks so much!

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@Venezia   Funny you should mention that because that thought crossed my mind this evening.  I will call my surgeon Monday morning to see how we can arrange it as I think that will be my best bet!!  Thanks so much!

@pdlinda  ..... do the gel injections hurt? ..... I have been having pain in my right knee for the last 2 months & was thinking about getting the gel injections .... THANKS 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@pdlinda wrote:

@pdlinda 

Unless this shot is different from what my wife's surgeon uses? He told her once she has this gel injection, he will not do a TKR until over 6 months have past. Don't remember why exactly, but I remember her changing her mind, as she wanted to schedule her TKR sooner.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I use marijuana roll on cream it works great for a few

hours.

Don't use any marijuana product if you are on a pain management program and taking Norco, etc.  It will show up in your urine and you will be released from the program.  My pain mgmt dr. said the CBD will show up also.  Since I only get a urine test once and year and I know when it is, I just stop the CBD cream on my back.

Esteemed Contributor

Been in a chronic pain clinic for a couple of years, in a state where things are legal.

Of course we discuss.  Both in groups and with medical providers.

The vote is that CBD is a gimmick.

Trusted Contributor

@hckynut  Yes, that's exactly correct!  I had the 2 gel injections in July so precisely 6 months later (January) it's apparently wearing off.  I was told the exact same thing.  The TKR cannot be performed for 6 months after the gel injection (I was told it's because premature surgery after injections may contribute to infection after the surgery).

So, that's the choice I have to make now.  If I get the 2nd round of gel injections I cannot have the surgery until June, 2021.

Trusted Contributor

@January121   No!  The injections (2 one week apart) didn't hurt at all. However, the injections take from 2 weeks to a month to "kick in."  The pain doesn't go away immediately! 

Also,  I did get some "flushing" in my face (from the cortisone) for a day or two after each injection.  My doctor that was normal.

Esteemed Contributor

@pdlinda wrote:

@January121   No!  The injections (2 one week apart) didn't hurt at all. However, the injections take from 2 weeks to a month to "kick in."  The pain doesn't go away immediately! 

Also,  I did get some "flushing" in my face (from the cortisone) for a day or two after each injection.  My doctor that was normal.

@pdlinda ... Thanks so much for your reply .... I am going to look into the  gel shots because I cannot go on with the pain in my knee ... THANKS AGAIN !!!!!