Esteemed Contributor

anyone have good results....if so....can you recommend a brand....there are so many...my anxiety is getting out of control with my chronic pain....but do not want to take a prescription med....thank you....

Trusted Contributor

Re: CBD Oil for Anxiety

[ Edited ]

If you want to try it, be sure to look for expeller pressed pure oil.  There is so much garbage CBD on the market.  I was using a pure expeller pressed hemp CBD from a farm in Vermont that IMO was reasonable priced, though still expensive.  I think it helped - I did sleep better with it.

I've had better luck with medical marijuana CBD oils and a variety of THC called THC-A, which does not cause the mental effects.

Good luck, whichever you try.

Respected Contributor

I've had good results taking CBD oil in capsule form from Charlotte's Web. Mederra is also a company with a great reputation and products.

'I refuse to engage in a battle of wits with an unarmed man'.......Unknown
Respected Contributor

Haven't used this but you might find good info at plant therapy dot com. In the search type in cbd for anxiety and/or cbd for pain.

You may also want to try bach remedies pastilles.

Respected Contributor

If your state has medical marijuana, I know someone who uses it for anxiety with good results. It also helps with pain. A consult with a physician who prescribes marijuana could help answer your questions concerning benefits, dosages, etc.

Trusted Contributor

@nana59 I have tried the original oil from Charlotte's Web and Lazarus capsules.  I think they are both good products.  I would just start with a very low dose.  First, I tried the capsules and they helped with sleeping.  I don't have pain, so can't comment on that.  

I seemed to have very vivid dreams with the capsules, so tried the CW oil and that seemed to be too much for me.  I felt sort of out of it during the day.  Then I tried half a dropper rather than a whole dropper.  Right now I'm not taking either because I'm sleeping the best I've slept in years.  No idea if it's due to taking these even though it was just for a little while.  

Respected Contributor

Re: CBD Oil for Anxiety

[ Edited ]

I was thinking of using CBD until I read up on it. If you have a grapefruit warning on any of your meds, CBD can slow the uptake of the meds. It appears there is less chance of interference with a salve rather than oral CBD. Let your doctor know if you are on meds.

Frequent Contributor
Yes. We also use Charlotte s web for our disabled son. It is a good brand. I have joint pain and have had anxiety issues myself. I, personally, have used tranquility CBD candy tablets at night from the local KURE vape store. It makes me sleep and not feel a thing. But, be aware, you need to slowly increase your dosage and not take one of those as a beginner. They are very potent and most of the time I only take half and have been using CBD for years. An anti inflammatory diet also helps a lot. No sugar etc. Good luck.
Frequent Contributor
* Those tablets are called Tranquil Earth CBD candy tablets.
Frequent Contributor

I have tried gummies from Charlotte's Web and I thought they were helpful.