Respected Contributor

Tried it, but no help. Also someone I know tried rubbing it on their arthritic fingers and no help either.

Honored Contributor

@J Town Girl wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Never tried cbd oil for anything but look into Bach Flower Remedies. There are drops or things you suck on when needed. It might be that the drops you do for a while and the pastilles are as needed??

There's also 'calming the child' body cream by plant therapy. Put on the bottom of your feet as needed. 

hth

I second the Bach Flower Remedies.  I've always use Rescue Remedy for my dogs when I take them to the groomers.   I worked for a Holistic Veterinarian for six years and she was a big believer in the Bach Flower Remedies.  I've seen it work wonders on dogs who were having severe anxiety issues.  

@J Town Girl 

Very inrerested in this.  Poor Shadow (90 lbs) shivers all  the way to the vet's office.  What and how much should we consider.  Thank you.

Respected Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@J Town Girl wrote:

@ThinkingOutLoud wrote:

Never tried cbd oil for anything but look into Bach Flower Remedies. There are drops or things you suck on when needed. It might be that the drops you do for a while and the pastilles are as needed??

There's also 'calming the child' body cream by plant therapy. Put on the bottom of your feet as needed. 

hth

I second the Bach Flower Remedies.  I've always use Rescue Remedy for my dogs when I take them to the groomers.   I worked for a Holistic Veterinarian for six years and she was a big believer in the Bach Flower Remedies.  I've seen it work wonders on dogs who were having severe anxiety issues.  

@J Town Girl 

Very inrerested in this.  Poor Shadow (90 lbs) shivers all  the way to the vet's office.  What and how much should we consider.  Thank you.

Since my Yorkies are very small I give them only a drop or two.  With a larger dog you could probably give a little more.   Unless you emptied the entire bottle it would be very hard to overdose your dog.    For most humans it is recommended to give 4 drops 3- 4 times a day.  

If you have a natural food store in your area I'm sure you can easily find a bottle.  I've used it myself when I feel anxious about something.  

Some people say it hasn't worked for either them or their pets but for the cost it's worth a try.   The price in our area is $15.00 for a 20 ml bottle.

Valued Contributor

I heard Dr. Drew Pensky say to take CBD oil for anxiety. I took anxiety pills for a month,but I don't want any side effects,so I stopped.

I took Cbd oil a couple of times,didn't feel any difference.

I think I have OCD and Obsessive Thoughts. So if I have a problem I think about it constantly and I am in a bad mood for days.

The only thing that helps me is exercise or watching one of my favorite shows.

I love going to the pool,but I don't go there yet for fear of covid.

Trusted Contributor

Re: CBD Oil for Anxiety

[ Edited ]

I tried it for my joint pain.  I "think" it also helped a bit with anxiety but can't be positive.  It helps a wee bit with the joint pain.  It's more a matter of noticing the pain is a little worse when I don't take it, than noticing the pain is a little less when I do take it.  If that makes any sense?

The only concrete evidence I have of it doing anything for me was that the sleep tracker on my Fitbit app showed longer and deeper periods of sleep throughout the night.  

I wish there was more research and science on CBD instead of just claims, vaguary and crooks.

Trusted Contributor

If CBD oil does not do anything for you, and if your state allows it, I would suggest looking into its cousin THC.  Licensed dispensaries can help you.  The small, edible gummies, one at a time, are what I would recommend as a start, if you are really looking for a noticeable sense of relaxation and mood elevation.  

In my state a doctor can recommend you for a medical program with a diagnosis of PSTD, which might be at the root of anxiety;  but since the across the board legalization in my state, you do not need a medical card and can just go in to a dispensary with no prescription.  

I believe some of the rave reviews for CBD were actually products of mom and pop enterprises that somehow snuck a little more THC into the mix. 

Valued Contributor

CBD makes me calm the first day but the second day, all my joints are on fire. Was trying it for arthritis pain. Tried good, quality brands and the cream you rub on. I had a paradoxical reaction. I take 500 mg of Taurine 1-2X per day. It is calming. Taurine is in turkey, it's that calm from Thanksgiving turkey. They put it in cat food, it's safe. The best thing for anxiety is to learn to think differently, such as cognitive behavioral therapy, mindfulness and meditation. Also check your medications for the side effects by googling for the manufacturer's info sheet and search for the side effects, as some can cause issues like this. If you drink alcohol, stop as it is a depressant. 

Trusted Contributor

My son has anxiety and depression.  His psychiatrist recommended against using CBD oil.  He said anyone especially depression should not be using a cannabis product but that only inflates those feelings.  My son wanted to take it for sleep.