Honored Contributor

CBD OIL WITHOUT THC FOR SLEEP ISSUES....?

[ Edited ]

I searched the boards, and there was a thread awhile back on this, but I wanted new and possibly more information as CBD oil is now so popular. 

I am interested in CBD oil without THC, and I heard that CBD oil (not from HEMP) is better.  I have sleep issues.  I usually can get to sleep, but I wake up and never get more than 6 hours.  

I will be in Southern California in a few weeks, and I'm going to go into MEDMEN to talk wtih them about it.  Does anyone have any new info on using CBD oil without THC for sleep distrubances?  

I've tried melatonin and it doesn't work for me.  I'm so tired of not getting enough sleep.  

Thanks for those who are versed. 

I think @Moonchildor @Moonchilde may have had some info on this on another thread.  Thanks!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Respected Contributor

Re: CBD OIL WITHOUT THC FOR SLEEP ISSUES....?

@winamac1 wrote:

I searched the boards, and there was a thread awhile back on this, but I wanted new and possibly more information as CBD oil is now so popular. 

I am interested in CBD oil without THC, and I heard that CBD oil (not from HEMP) is better.  I have sleep issues.  I usually can get to sleep, but I wake up and never get more than 6 hours.  

I will be in Southern California in a few weeks, and I'm going to go into MEDMEN to talk wtih them about it.  Does anyone have any new info on using CBD oil without THC for sleep distrubances?  

I've tried melatonin and it doesn't work for me.  I'm so tired of not getting enough sleep.  

Thanks for those who are versed. 

I think @Moonchildor @Moonchilde may have had some info on this on another thread.  Thanks!

How much caffeine do you consume in a day?  That was the first question my doctor asked me.  I drank a large Diet Coke at 11:00am every day after two cups of coffee in the morning. Once I cut the diet soda out, I slept through the night.  I also take a Target version of unisom.  I also stopped drinking and that has made a huge difference.  I have never used CBD oil but have a friend who does and he said it’s great for pain relief, but I didn’t ask him how it was for sleeping.  Good luck.  

Trusted Contributor

my husband has ruptured discs in his back, and I bought him the CBD gummies and he told me they really decrease his pain and relax him to help him sleep.

Honored Contributor

CBD has no  THC and there are many places online you can buy it. There are also several spas in my area that are now carrying it

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

@winamac1  I developed sleep issues years ago and have never tried the CBD oil but have tried the melatonin and prescription sleep meds of which worked initially and then stopped...I discovered ginger and turmeric tea and it works wonders for me.  I drink the tea about an hour before bed and it helps me get a good nights sleep.  

Esteemed Contributor

Here's another natural remedy: turmeric, magnesium & vitamin D; also tart cherry. But I do not have any info on the CBD oil.

Honored Contributor

@winamac1  There is also tons of info out there on line you can read about, educate yourself. Check out one I really like 'leafly.com' - very informative, tons of info and sites to get into for ideas in products to try.

Respected Contributor

I tried CBD oil for my insomnia.  It didn't really help at all.  It helped a little for my occasional anxiety which would sometimes interfere with my sleep, but I don't get any more sleep than I used to, unfortunately.  Smiley Sad

Esteemed Contributor

@I am still oxox wrote:

CBD has no  THC and there are many places online you can buy it. There are also several spas in my area that are now carrying it

@I am still oxox

@winamac1

CBD DOES indeed contain HTC.  I used the ointment form for severe post-op knee pain.  My daughter sells it in her practice.  Believe me - it DOES contain HTC.

Though you can purchase it online, the best and most potent sources are from healthcare practitioners, as they are sold in varying strengths.

Winamac:  I've no knowledge re CBD w/o HTC.  Can't help you there.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@sfnative wrote:

@I am still oxox wrote:

@I am still oxox

@winamac1

CBD DOES indeed contain HTC.  I used the ointment form for severe post-op knee pain.  My daughter sells it in her practice.  Believe me - it DOES contain HTC.

Though you can purchase it online, the best and most potent sources are from healthcare practitioners, as they are sold in varying strengths.

Winamac:  I've no knowledge re CBD w/o HTC.  Can't help you there.

Not all CBD oil has THC.   I've done some research on it.  I know medmen carries some without THC and so does Fresh Thyme.  Thank you , though, for your response.

@sfnative. research CBD with no THC.  There is plenty out there.  I just don't know which one to try so that's why I was searching for answers.

Ladies, I've tried melatonin, magnesium, drinking less caffeine, etc.  Thank you...to all..for your replies.  Anyone else having info please share with us. 

So many of us have sleep issues.  The ambiens don't work, and I don't want to take something like that due to the "dependency" it causes.  

I am apprehensive about CBD oil from Fresh Thyme.  I want something purer.  

CBD from Hemp is not supposed to be as good--from the little research I've done!

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"