Trusted Contributor
There is so much information to process about this subject!! Not really expecting any results but I'll give it a try. My bottles have CBD in big lettering on the label though. When I contacted my local dispensary, I was told that the only CBD OIL they sold contained THC. I'm going to stop by and talk to someone in person because maybe I was given misinformation over the phone. Thanks for all the information and suggestions, fellow posters!!!!😀
Honored Contributor

I have never used cbd oil alone. I have used cbd/thc gummies. They work for me. I don't feel anything other than being relaxed.  

Trusted Contributor
@Nightowlz, do they help you sleep? Just feeling relaxed sounds great! I may give the gummies a try! It really sounds like I need to visit our local dispensary and talk to the folks there!
Esteemed Contributor

I am in Canada where MJ was legalized recently and is sold by our liquor store system (Provincially regulated) amd other licensed sellers.

Our Lab is almost 13 years old and has been an active dog all her life.  Recently she developed a limp and I was very concerned about her.  We bought CBD oil without THC and started her on a small daily dose.  There is not much information on dosage so, after researching, we started with a small dose.  The limp is gone.  She no longer minds a few steps to enter the house.

There are no noticeable side effects.  One potential side effect was that the dog would sleep more.  At the age of 13, she sleeps a fair amount anyway and we see no change in that.  I am so pleased that her pain seems to have gone.  She gets walked twice a day and she still loves it.  LM

Respected Contributor

i have a friend, who's wife has MS and this is the brand she uses. it helps her sleep and she's used for well over a year.

@JumpTheRope wrote:

For those interested who are veterans and/or low income, 

a site called lazarusnaturals offers a discount of %60.

They have tinctures, capsules, balms, etc.

The products range from full spectrum down to thc-free.

10mg up to 100mg.

* I am not affiliated w them in any way, except as a customer.

FYI: Hemp products on Amazon contain NO CBD (by law).

Honored Contributor

Re: CBD Hemp Oil

[ Edited ]

@hooked on books wrote:
@Nightowlz, do they help you sleep? Just feeling relaxed sounds great! I may give the gummies a try! It really sounds like I need to visit our local dispensary and talk to the folks there!

@hooked on books 

Yes they help me but I have not been sleeping good lately from taking too much thyroid medication. I tried to tell my doctor it would be too much? 

I like the gummies I got from a friend. Her DH's brother started making them. They are so much better than the ones from the dispensary. I don't think they all have in them what it states on the label?

I did find a few I like that I buy. I had to try them to find ones that worked for me. One of them tastes terrible but I feel better after eating it.

One place gave me a free sucker & another gave me a cookie.

Trusted Contributor
@Nightowlz, sorry to hear of your sleeping issues, I can totally relate!! I am definitely going to our local dispensary in the very near future and see what they have to offer! Everything is so expensive, I've heard, but what can you do??😀
Trusted Contributor
@Nightowlz, my husband had Hyperthyroidism many years ago and it took a while to get the correct medication dosage. The doctor had to keep making adjustments until he hit on the right dosage for the hubby. The doctor told us that thyroid medications are very hard to adjust for most patients. Hopefully your doctor will hit on your correct dosage very soon and you'll be able to sleep normally again!!
Honored Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
@Nightowlz, my husband had Hyperthyroidism many years ago and it took a while to get the correct medication dosage. The doctor had to keep making adjustments until he hit on the right dosage for the hubby. The doctor told us that thyroid medications are very hard to adjust for most patients. Hopefully your doctor will hit on your correct dosage very soon and you'll be able to sleep normally again!!

@hooked on books 

I have been hypothyroid at least 35 yrs. I know what my correct dosage is. I just thought I would take less to see how my labs turned out. So I would know where I am. Doctor added 2 more pills per week which I already knew that would be too much. That doctor left town so I dropped one of those. Will get results from new doctor as soon as his office calls with results. It should be spot on. I did read on the manufacturers site they changed their supplier so we will see.

Honored Contributor

@hooked on books wrote:
@Nightowlz, sorry to hear of your sleeping issues, I can totally relate!! I am definitely going to our local dispensary in the very near future and see what they have to offer! Everything is so expensive, I've heard, but what can you do??😀

@hooked on books 

Check Weedmaps online to see if dispensaries in your area are listed there. You can see products they carry. Some also list deals so click on that. The ones here have different deals. Most have a senior discount, some have % off certain products certain days etc. I pick up gummies on Tues when they are 20% off plus senior discount.