Honored Contributor

CAN'T STAND IN ONE PLACE. ANYBODY ELSE?

I am having real trouble standing in one place. Is there anyone else with this problem? If so, did you get a diagnosis? What are you doing to help yourself?
Esteemed Contributor

Re: CAN'T STAND IN ONE PLACE. ANYBODY ELSE?

Mindy,

Question:  does the discomfort originate from your back or is the pain solely in your legs?

If originating in the back, your inability to "static stand" requires the attention of a spine doc.  If the pain is strictly in the legs, say below the knees, one would suspect neuropathy, and therefore a consult with a neuro would be in order.

Please know this is not written in stone, but based on my professional and personal experience.  It could all very well have its origins in your lumbar or lumbo-sacral spine.

Esteemed Contributor

@sfnative wrote:

Mindy,

Question:  does the discomfort originate from your back or is the pain solely in your legs?

If originating in the back, your inability to "static stand" requires the attention of a spine doc.  If the pain is strictly in the legs, say below the knees, one would suspect neuropathy, and therefore a consult with a neuro would be in order.

Please know this is not written in stone, but based on my professional and personal experience.  It could all very well have its origins in your lumbar or lumbo-sacral spine.

Yep, I agree. Hard to say much else without more info.

It's God's job to judge the terrorists. It's our mission to arrange the meeting. U.S. Marines
Esteemed Contributor

Micky D---------Need more info. Pain? Where/when/how long/body position other than "standing". I could give you many "might be's", but I do not do those things here. The type of pain is important. Certain areas can be spine related(muscle and/or nerve as told you by "snative". Certain pains in other areas can at times be something more serious where time can be much important in regards to seeking answers. Always best to ask your doctor if it persists.---------hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Is it pain????  When I read her question it seemed more as if she had a problem with just standing still.

"Never water yourself down just because someone can't handle you 100% proof."
Esteemed Contributor

@Karnerblue wrote:

Is it pain????  When I read her question it seemed more as if she had a problem with just standing still.

Beats me, not many details.

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

The person I know who had balance based problems keeping her body still, and standing in one place, was diagnosed with MS.
Honored Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:
I am having real trouble standing in one place. Is there anyone else with this problem? If so, did you get a diagnosis? What are you doing to help yourself?

Sorry, but you aren't very  clear ....  WHY can't you stand in one place?

Is it a physical discomfort ..... or are you reacting emotionally to something?

Honored Contributor

There is not really that much of a problem with my legs. My lower back gets a deep sensation that feels as if there's pulling and pressure on the lower spine. I can't even stand in front of the microwave to wait for a two minute warming of food. I have to go right back to my couch. It feels better when I am semi reclined. I am looking for anyone else that has a similar sensation and wants to sit right back down. Washing dishes is close to impossible. I can't wait in line, anymore, for even one minute.
Honored Contributor

There is no balance issue with this particular problem. I don't know the cause, yet.