Honored Contributor

Bruising -- regular and blood bruising

I just bruise so terrilbly -- I mean I have always bruised very easily my whole life!  I guess being fair and having thin skin is a family trait.  But now, as I have aged, it is really bad.  Plus I have to use a steroid cream for a skin condition and this makes it much worse.  I get blood bruises if I just brush against something.  Even an item of clothing if it rubs me funny will blood bruise me.  So frustrating and ugly!  And they take forever to go away!

I want to mention a product that does help somewhat.  Procure.  At first I did not think it helped at all and I just quit using it.  But I recently got several large blood bruises on my arms and I began immediately using it again.  It states on the tube to use it as soon as you can and then use a few times a day. Well, this is the key --- try to use immediately and also, I use it about 5 times a day.  It is more to do but it really helps.  It does not make them magically disappear unfortunately but I have found that if I carry a tube of this with me and immediately begin applying and am diligent, that they start fading much faster and I am rid of them a lot quicker.  So, this is something to keep in mind if others here suffer from this!

Also, do you have any other remedies that you do for bruising?  I am sure ice probably helps as well but we usually don't have ice handy immediately if we are out and about somewhere.

Thanks!!!  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

Re: Bruising -- regular and blood bruising

@AngelPuppy1 wrote:

I just bruise so terrilbly -- I mean I have always bruised very easily my whole life!  I guess being fair and having thin skin is a family trait.  But now, as I have aged, it is really bad.  Plus I have to use a steroid cream for a skin condition and this makes it much worse.  I get blood bruises if I just brush against something.  Even an item of clothing if it rubs me funny will blood bruise me.  So frustrating and ugly!  And they take forever to go away!

I want to mention a product that does help somewhat.  Procure.  At first I did not think it helped at all and I just quit using it.  But I recently got several large blood bruises on my arms and I began immediately using it again.  It states on the tube to use it as soon as you can and then use a few times a day. Well, this is the key --- try to use immediately and also, I use it about 5 times a day.  It is more to do but it really helps.  It does not make them magically disappear unfortunately but I have found that if I carry a tube of this with me and immediately begin applying and am diligent, that they start fading much faster and I am rid of them a lot quicker.  So, this is something to keep in mind if others here suffer from this!

Also, do you have any other remedies that you do for bruising?  I am sure ice probably helps as well but we usually don't have ice handy immediately if we are out and about somewhere.

Thanks!!!  

@AngelPuppy1:  Yes, and I was just diagnosed with ITP after having bruises covering parts of my body and very low platelet count. I am now on a steriods program to get my platelets up and continue from there.  Good luck.

Honored Contributor

Please seek your doctor's advice before using anything for bruising.  ProCure contains arnica.  I am not saying you should not use it but  know the side effects and get professional advice before using.  

Honored Contributor

My mom did the same thing.  Now that I'm retired, I do too.  Skin becomes thinner and more fragile with age.  It's just something I'll have to live with.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I use Arnicare Gel. A big 2.6-oz tube for about $7. The gel absorbs fast, odorless and leaves no residue. 

I had some small varicose veins treated with a laser and I was left with a lot of bruising. The Arnicare really helped make them fade faster.

Trusted Contributor

I have the same problem. Interesting enough I was just at my doctor for a physical, full blood draw the works saw my arms and said nonething to be concerned about. 

I think the creams you are using that seam to work is not the cream, it's the rubbing motion that's helping. My dad used to just rub his arms to help his go away.

Respected Contributor

I use arnica gel immediately after even slightly injuring myself. Used a few times it greatly lessens black and blue marks, even lumps and bumps. It also lessens pain.

It is NOT for use on open skin where bleeding has occurred.

Good Luck, hope you’re feeling better soon.

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

I use arnica gel immediately after even slightly injuring myself. Used a few times it greatly lessens black and blue marks, even lumps and bumps. It also lessens pain.

@IMW

Glad it helps you!  I guess it does help with pain, too!  Thanks to you and you also! 

Honored Contributor

@IMW wrote:

@IMW

I am trying to post and does not seem to be working well -- but any how I was trying to say that I am glad it is working for you and thank you and good luck to you as well! 

Glad it helps you!  I guess it does help with pain, too!  Thanks to you and you also! 

Honored Contributor

@sweetee2 wrote:

I have the same problem. Interesting enough I was just at my doctor for a physical, full blood draw the works saw my arms and said nonething to be concerned about. 

I think the creams you are using that seam to work is not the cream, it's the rubbing motion that's helping. My dad used to just rub his arms to help his go away.

@sweetee2

I have asked all my doctors about this issue and none of them give me any help.  I have also have all kinds of tests run.  So, maybe it is the rubbing motion???  I don't know but I am willing to do both if it helps even a tiny bit.  Thanks for your post!!!