Respected Contributor

well,Friday I get 2nd tooth pulled.have had this done before but my anxieties are thru the roof.im paying extra to be put under.yes,I am a big sissy who is terrified of any kind of dentist tools.thurs is my last day working,so basically my weekend will be taking it easy.thank the lord you can't see missing teeth

Respected Contributor

Don't make excuses for being put under for this procedure. If that's what you need to get through it, so be it. Good luck!

Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam   Let your dentist know that you are nervous.  Try to be easy on yourself, a lot of people feel just like you do, but you are getting it taken care of, so good for you!

And it will be over before you know it and you'll be on your way!  

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

My grandchildren's dentist gives them a Valium before.  Maybe yours can too.

Honored Contributor

I have had 2 extractions including dental implant surgery, pieces of cake, just using novacaine, so dont worry!!

Respected Contributor

Re: Broken tooth

[ Edited ]

I also had to have a molar removed.  I asked to be put under.  I honestly did not want to hear drills or scraping bone as the dentist described it would sound.  Don't feel bad for not wanting to be awake for that procedure.

Valued Contributor

I need Valium before nearly any dental procedure. You're not a sissy @Luvsmyfam  for wanting to be put under. Definitely should not know anything when having a tooth extracted. 

I typically pay extra for nitrous oxide even for root canal operation. 

Esteemed Contributor

Had many invasive procedures and surgeries over the years, including lots of teeth extracted and root canals.

If given the option, my preference is to be awake. I am one of a minority that likes seeing what is being done to, and/or inside my body. Most recent being my Heart Catheterization.

Unfortunately, having that danged mask on, which I was forced to wear, blocked some of my vision on the monitors. Did however get to watch the whole video after. Neat!! 

hckynut 🇺🇸

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@hckynutjohn You are one tough cookie!

Honored Contributor

@Luvsmyfam wrote:

@hckynutjohn You are one tough cookie!

Actually, I have had many heart catherizations (8) always awake and two extractions. The extractions are a lot more annoying and uncomfortable. I think you made a good decision @Luvsmyfam . Good luck!