Super Contributor

Re: Broken Blood Vessel In Hand

@NickNack wrote:

I just wanted to update and say that my hand is much better this morning.  It's still somewhat swollen but not anything like it was yesterday.  Thanks for all the commiserating and helpful advice.

Glad it's getting better @NickNack.

Trusted Contributor

@NickNack 

I'm glad you have some relief this morning.  Stay well,

Respected Contributor

See how good it feels to have these forums. It makes me feel loved.And We all need extra friends.Thanks for this forum family .Heart

Respected Contributor

@NickNack 

Mobic can affect blood clotting, so you may bleed more easily

Honored Contributor

When I broke my left shoulder, it was not surgically repaired.  I now have about 80% movement and ability to raise it above my head.

However, what was horrifying to me was that my upper arm turned pitch black from the shoulder to my elbow, and I mean the whole thing, front and back, up and down.  The docs were unconcerned about it.

As it healed, it turned every color one can think of, purple, blue, red, pink, yellow, and remained discolored for over a month.  It did finally heal without treatment, but it was scary . . . I kept thinking it was gangrene and I was going to lose my arm!  However, this time the docs were right.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Honored Contributor

Ice and Tylenol, the blood is reabsorbed. Only a problem if you are on blood thinners. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@NickNack 

Are you better?  I’m guessing you still have a bruise; how’s the pain?

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@Drythe wrote:

@NickNack 

Are you better?  I’m guessing you still have a bruise; how’s the pain?

@Drythe  The bruise is almost gone, and the pain is gone.  I still can't believe that happened.  Thanks for asking.  

The Bluebird Carries The Sky On His Back"
-Henry David Thoreau

Honored Contributor

Thanks for the update.

Glad to know it’s improving.

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Honored Contributor

@NickNack 

Glad your injury turned out ok. Went back and looked at your picture in your post. Right now my right hand looks exactly like your picture. Think I may have hit it on something working on my lawn mower, don't even remember.

Seeing @Drythe post I opened this thread to take a look see. Nice of her to check on you. Now you can chalk this up in your memory bank if you see it again. My legs/arms  pretty much of my body is always bruised. As a lifetime "Klutz" between that and the activities I choose, at times I am a walking deep color chart.

Be well,

hckynut

hckynut(john)