Trusted Contributor

Re: Broke myself for the first time this morning

@Laura14  Wish I cou;ld be there for the party!!!

Honored Contributor

@grandma2pkmh wrote:

@Laura14  Wish I cou;ld be there for the party!!!

BYOB!  Smiley WinkSmiley LOL

Valued Contributor

When I broke my leg near the ankle, I never had any real pain.  I had a tight feeling and swelling and knew I should not walk on it.  Good thing I had some crutches in the house.  With DH's help I was able to get into the car for the ride to the hospital.  I never needed any pain pills.

Honored Contributor

@saltysails wrote:

When I broke my leg near the ankle, I never had any real pain.  I had a tight feeling and swelling and knew I should not walk on it.  Good thing I had some crutches in the house.  With DH's help I was able to get into the car for the ride to the hospital.  I never needed any pain pills.

@saltysails  Same for me.  Glad I'm not so strange.

Although I will say I had a dizzy spell and felt horribly sick right after it happened which I googled and found out it is apparently not uncommon.  Odd human body fact, I thought.  

Honored Contributor

@Laura14  When you first mentioned your injury I was going to ask you if you threw up.  It's quite common with broken bones.

I'm glad that you have a robust sense of humor through all of this.  

There are many elements: wind, fire, water
But none quite like the element of surprise
Honored Contributor

@Bird mama wrote:

@Laura14  When you first mentioned your injury I was going to ask you if you threw up.  It's quite common with broken bones.

I'm glad that you have a robust sense of humor through all of this.  

@Bird mama  That's actually been the worst part.  Yesterday I had to leave work twice.  Once it was about lunchtime so I just worked from home a bit and then at 4pm, my body was done.  These dizzy sick spells stink. I've been trying to eat a bit more and I stocked up last night on protein bars and peanuts.  This is the weirdest thing I've ever gone through.  Fracture a wrist and your body gets dizzy and faint from time to time. I don't get it.      Smiley Frustrated

Pray that they don't mummify me at the ortho today.  My wrist is actually much better I think.  I could actually move it a bit in the bath this morning and it "helped" a bit with the morning routine which I couldn't do before so my hair isn't quite in the Buckwheat style today.    

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  Just checking on you. Any updates?

Honored Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@dex wrote:

@Laura14 How are you doing today?Hope you have had a good nights sleep and got your cast on.

@dex  Apparently it's just fine to walk around with a broken wrist for days on end.  Ortho can't see new people until tomorrow morning so my brace continues to be my new favorite accessory.  Smiley Happy  

@Laura14  Seems to me a broken bone is considered an emergency and you would get in right away.   If you wait too long you can have permanent nerve damage.  I think you need to find a new orthopedic doctor? 

Honored Contributor

Cast.jpg

@SeaMaiden  @grandma2pkmh  Who's signing first?  Smiley Very Happy

That is my employer's ugly carpet BTW.  I am stunned that I was allowed to walk around with a broken wrist for 4 days but okay.  Love the ortho guys once I got in.  Even they said the same thing.  This happened Saturday and we're seeing you now?

Turns out the urgent care had the wrong bone broken.  I broke the big bone in the arm which most people do, not the little one urgent care said I did.  Can hardly see it on the x-ray.  The student doc and I looked a long time before the experienced guy came in and said right there.      

About 5 students watched him cast my arm. And no one told me the cast cover looked like a mad scientist glove.   I'm thrilled he allowed my elbow out so I am good to go for the next 3 weeks.  He said if I had gone to the ER, I'd have been a mummy.  Good call brother-in-law.

Got my calcium supplements that I have to take for the next 3 months and stocked up on cheese and almond milk last night in case they did mummify me.  I should be all set.

My mother has already contacted the landscaper and that bush and all of his relatives have a quick execution date.  Tick tock bushes....Smiley Surprised

Trusted Contributor

@Laura14  Love the color! This brings back so many memories.  Hope that piece between the thumb and the fingers doesn't drive you crazy like mine did.  Did you get a cast cover for bathing?  I tried the bag and tape method but it just didn't work for me.  It's hard to do by yourself.