Respected Contributor

Re: Brigham and Women’s nurses sue over flu shot mandate

On 9/30/2014 pitdakota said:
On 9/30/2014 Jersey Born said:

SFNative, I will respond to you as you addressed me directly.

Do you accept and acknowledge that an attenuated "live" virus vaccine, like the nasal flu vaccine which is squirted up into a person's nose, can result in viral reassortment sometimes, and it can spread the very disease it is meant to protect others against, and even infect the recipient? The attenuated/weakened, nasal flu vaccine viruses can be harbored in the sinus passages of recipients for anywhere between 7 to 21 days, depending upon which study or package insert you read. The nasal flu vaccine has the real potential to bring influenza germs right into a hospital or long term care facility and infect the very patients and people working there.

If you want to call that ignorance, so be it. Smile

And I take the flu vaccine every year and have routinely for over 15 years. So does the husband. No problems here. {#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Wonderful I am glad you can exercise you choice...

Super Contributor

On 9/28/2014 happy housewife said:

After working 42 years as a nurse I can absolutely say there are many many people in this world who will say or do anything to not get a shot - no matter how badly they may need that medication or vaccine. All the anti vaccine Krap - I am nearly positive it is really really really just not wanting to get a shot. I can tell you how many times this happens. Either patients outright refuse or make a huge issue out of how badly it hurt or some exaggerated side effects. Sometimes the doctor will tell a patient after they refuse a medication that they could die from not getting it and they will say - then I guess I will die.

I had the shot last week and I felt a tiny little stab. DH had his this week, and says he never felt a thing, nothing at all. If it hadn't been for the fact his arm hurt slightly to move, and was tender at the injection site, next day, he wouldn't have been convinced he'd had the shot at all. All that "ow, it really hurts" stuff is just in people's heads.

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

On 9/30/2014 Jersey Born said:

SFNative, I will respond to you as you addressed me directly.

Do you accept and acknowledge that an attenuated "live" virus vaccine, like the nasal flu vaccine which is squirted up into a person's nose, can result in viral reassortment sometimes, and it can spread the very disease it is meant to protect others against, and even infect the recipient? The attenuated/weakened, nasal flu vaccine viruses can be harbored in the sinus passages of recipients for anywhere between 7 to 21 days, depending upon which study or package insert you read. The nasal flu vaccine has the real potential to bring influenza germs right into a hospital or long term care facility and infect the very patients and people working there.

If you want to call that ignorance, so be it. Smile

A day will come JB when truth will, will out!

up is still up, and down is still down, and ignore those who try to reverse or shut down common sense.