Honored Contributor

Re: Breast ultrasound today- please pray for me

Relax, it could be something quite benign like calcium deposits.  At this point, you have nothing to worry about and that's why your doctor said don't Google.  She meant don't do anything (like posting here) that serves no useful purpose and can only upset you.  Stop thinking and stop self diagnosing.  One step at a time.  Wishing all the best for you!  

Trusted Contributor

@lynbeechwood - don't worry - think positive. I've had many breast ultrasounds and a couple MRI's due to density and some lumps and bumps. Ironically I'm going for my mammogram today and my script says mammo and US. I refuse to work myself up over it, but of course it is unnerving. Good luck and report back.

Valued Contributor

Prayers are going up to the Throne Room of God right now.  I had an ultrasound - but they found nothing.  Please keep us posted on the results.

Honored Contributor

Good luck to you with this.

I too got a letter after my mammo in April that I have dense breast tissue.  I need to address this with my gyno next year.

I also understand what you are going through.  I make myself nearly physically ill when I have to have testing done for anything.    

Regular Contributor

Thank you again
Respected Contributor

@lynbeechwood At my mammogram this year, I was also told that I had dense breast tissue and had to get a 3D mammorgram.  I was also terrified for days (I couldn't get an appointment for 3D until days later).  It did turned out to be nothing.  And I hope yours will, too.

Honored Contributor

Image result for sending prayers to you images

Contributor

I am praying that God will calm your anxiety and that the ultrasound will not reveal any tumors.  I am 59 years old and I absolutely dread the annual mammogram.  I have had non-hodgkins lymphoma since 2002 and have numerous masses throughout my body including my breasts.  For a few years, the radiologists wanted to do biopsies every year.  I agreed to the first one but then my oncologuist convinced them that the masses were lymphoma and he would not allow them to biopsy me anymore.  Please keep us posted on the results.  Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Lots of women have dense breasts and don't have cancer. Research is showing that genes do not determine your fate regarding cancer.   These regular tests are a money maker for the medical industry.  There is controversy over the constant testing and the health impact on a woman's body.  I don't want to step on toes and respect everyone's opinion.  It is your body, just do the research and question everything.  Me, if I was to be tested it would be thermography.  Take a deep breath, decide what is best for you, and then act on your decision with confidence.  Keep us posted.

Honored Contributor

@phoenixbrd wrote:

Lots of women have dense breasts and don't have cancer. Research is showing that genes do not determine your fate regarding cancer.   These regular tests are a money maker for the medical industry.  There is controversy over the constant testing and the health impact on a woman's body.  I don't want to step on toes and respect everyone's opinion.  It is your body, just do the research and question everything.  Me, if I was to be tested it would be thermography.  Take a deep breath, decide what is best for you, and then act on your decision with confidence.  Keep us posted.

There is another thread here about mammograms and I brought up thermography.  A woman I work with will only have that done. She has never had a mammogram and she is 61.  

One of the times she went, she brought me back a pamphlet about thermography and the pamphlet states it's excellant for women with dense breast tissue but it is to be used in conjunction WITH a mammogram, not in place of.  I have also discussed thermography extensively with my gyno and she said the research just isn't there yet and too many cancers are missed with this procedure.  She also said it was not a standalone screening tool, it was to be used with a mammogram.