Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The Manufacturer will do everything preventing" their" covering removal costs....you watch.....YEARS AND YEARS of court battling before anyone receives compensation.  

Personally I would choose to remove them BEFORE SYMPTOMS OF CANCER.   How STUPID do they think women are waiting for symptoms to remove them.  That is their way out of a massive removal. 

Yeah, ITA but....surgery is expensive.

Google says,

Removal is ~$2500-3500...then add a breast lift ~$5000.

All out of pocket. 

Ooof. 

Not a simple procedure.

Thankfully, it's less than 2% of breast implants in the US.  If a woman chooses to have them removed and she has no medical reason for the removal, it will be at her own expense.  That removal and reconstruction  price is just the surgeon's charge and it could be much higher, depending on location and the surgeon.   She would also have to pay the anesthesiologist and  hospital charges herself, insurance won't cover any of it.  There's also the time off work.  I think not a lot of women will be able to do that.   

Honored Contributor

@chrystaltree wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

@SeaMaiden wrote:

The Manufacturer will do everything preventing" their" covering removal costs....you watch.....YEARS AND YEARS of court battling before anyone receives compensation.  

Personally I would choose to remove them BEFORE SYMPTOMS OF CANCER.   How STUPID do they think women are waiting for symptoms to remove them.  That is their way out of a massive removal. 

Yeah, ITA but....surgery is expensive.

Google says,

Removal is ~$2500-3500...then add a breast lift ~$5000.

All out of pocket. 

Ooof. 

Not a simple procedure.

Thankfully, it's less than 2% of breast implants in the US.  If a woman chooses to have them removed and she has no medical reason for the removal, it will be at her own expense.  That removal and reconstruction  price is just the surgeon's charge and it could be much higher, depending on location and the surgeon.   She would also have to pay the anesthesiologist and  hospital charges herself, insurance won't cover any of it.  There's also the time off work.  I think not a lot of women will be able to do that.   

I agree, but I think if women got the implants after a mascetomy Insurance might cover the removal and replacement.  There are Federal Laws that apply to patients who have had mastectomies.

if they were Implanted to enhance and not medically necessary, you will probably have to pay out of pocket or fight to get them paid for.  Often the manufacture will pay for new implants, but not of removal or medical bills to have them removed and replaced.

If you get cancer, you can always file a lawsuit...which is just awful if it comes to that.

Esteemed Contributor

I wonder if Dr Dubrow from the show "Botched" used any of these...