Trusted Contributor

Thank you. I appreciate the kind words and prayers. I know many women have gone through this and been just fine. I am doing whatever she wants me to do. I will be available as much as she wants me to be. I am praying they got it early. Will wait for the results of her scans and labs and go from there. Prayers for anyone going through this now or that have gone through this in the past. Thank you. Heart 

Honored Contributor

There are 4 women taking radiation treatments for breast cancer at the cancer center where my husband takes his treatments.  He talks with several of them daily and I watch them come out of the building, walk to their cars, and drive away.  

One woman has had chemo, hair is about an inch long now, always dressed nicely wearing bright lipstick, so I think she goes to work after her treatments.  Another woman drives a big 4WD truck and comes in with country music blaring; she looks to be in her 40's, wears shorts and walks very briskly to and from the building.  The oldest appears to be early 70's; tall, wears her hair up, very graceful walk and always wears blouses and skirts.  She drives a rather sporty car.  The last woman just started her treatments and arrives about 5 minutes before my husband finishes; I think she's late 60's, wears ironed jeans with a sharp crease and long sleeve shirts, carries a very nice satchel handbag in her hand.  

I have watched these 4 women enter and exit that cancer center for several weeks now, and pick up such a strong vibe of strength and determination in them.  I feel sure they have fears, but I just see 4 women accepting their situation with determination and resolve to fight for better health.  

@KCDiva, my prayers will be for your daughter to feel as strong and determined in her cancer journey, and to see there is still something in each day to smile and be grateful for.   Hugs of strength to you as well.

Trusted Contributor
@RedTop

I love your description of those 4 women...each confident in her own way. When I was going thru radiation, my sister wanted to take me to my treatments. I thanked her but explained that it was something I wanted to do myself. I would park in the last row of cars at the hospital & walk up the long sidewalk. I know it sounds strange, but that made me feel so good...like I was owning it.

Prayers & positive thoughts for @KCDiva's daughter, @hyacinth, and every other woman who's going thru a journey right now. Wait for that light at the end of the tunnel because it IS coming.❤
Trusted Contributor

@RedTop I had a thought of sweet Antonella yesterday. She has certainly gone through it all and is living her best life. I don't think people know how strong they are until they are fighting for their lives. Thank you.  

Respected Contributor

My thoughts and prayers are will you and your family.  God bless.