Valued Contributor

Re: Breast biopsy is cancer

[ Edited ]

@qvcaddition 

I'm glad you reached out.  Try to take deep breath.  I can't imagine that anybody in your position doesn't feel the way you are feeling now.  I know I did.  Please make the follow-up appointment tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be nothing -- but if there is a problem -- it is much better to find out early.  Try not to do too much googling because it will make you crazy -- and please keep posting.  There are a lot of wonderful people on these forums who will be happy to give you support.  I'm sure that your mind is going in a hundred different directions right now.  Believe me -- it is better to have the facts and to be able to move on.  For me --  waiting and worrying was the worst part.  I don't know how old you are but if your doctor is acting dismissive based on your age -- it is time to find a new doctor.  There is no excuse for that.  Again -- please keep posting.  I am here for you -- and I am sure that is true of many others as well.

Esteemed Contributor

@judy0330 

@judy0330 wrote:

@qvcaddition 

I'm glad you reached out.  Try to take deep breath.  I can't imagine that anybody in your position doesn't feel the way you are feeling now.  I know I did.  Please make the follow-up appointment tomorrow.  Hopefully it will be nothing -- but if there is a problem -- it is much better to find out early.  Try not to do too much googling because it will make you crazy -- and please keep posting.  There are a lot of wonderful people on these forums who will be happy to give you support.  I'm sure that your mind is going in a hundred different directions right now.  Believe me -- it is better to have the facts and to be able to move on.  For me --  waiting and worrying was the worst part.  I don't know how old you are but if your doctor is acting dismissive based on your age -- it is time to find a new doctor.  There is no excuse for that.  Again -- please keep posting.  I am here for you -- and I am sure that is true of many others as well.

Thank you so much.  What you said is true.  I,m 83 in June.  I will call in morning for imaging appt.  I hope they take me soon.  Thank you  again.

Frequent Contributor

Mine was non invasive DCIS.Going on 6 years cancer free. Mine was Stage O also. They removed the tissue. Mine was not a lump yet. I did 6 weeks of radiation.

Esteemed Contributor

QVCAddiction: I'm 78 yrs young - close to ur age.Two months ago, I spent 6 days in the hospital for massive pain in my abdomen. Turned out it was a bowel blockage from scar tissue. They relieved the problem without surgery. While there, they took a cat scan and it showed a spot on my left lung. I learned to NEVER worry until I have something to worry about. A couple of weeks later, I was referred  to a doctor to check out the spot. The doctor told me that the new equipment sees everything - some things are important and some are not. In 3 months, I'll go back to the doctor to see if there are any changes. And - they'll follow up yearly after that.

I'm a stage 3 Ovarian Cancer Survivor --- 13 years cancer-free!!!!

Most of the time, it's nothing!!!!!

Good Luck.

Sandy in California

Esteemed Contributor

@kivah 

@kivah wrote:

QVCAddiction: I'm 78 yrs young - close to ur age.Two months ago, I spent 6 days in the hospital for massive pain in my abdomen. Turned out it was a bowel blockage from scar tissue. They relieved the problem without surgery. While there, they took a cat scan and it showed a spot on my left lung. I learned to NEVER worry until I have something to worry about. A couple of weeks later, I was referred  to a doctor to check out the spot. The doctor told me that the new equipment sees everything - some things are important and some are not. In 3 months, I'll go back to the doctor to see if there are any changes. And - they'll follow up yearly after that.

I'm a stage 3 Ovarian Cancer Survivor --- 13 years cancer-free!!!!

Most of the time, it's nothing!!!!!

Good Luck.

Sandy in California

Thank you so much for reaching out with your encouraging message.  I,m sorry you had to go through all of that.  You r message like the other post here of everyone go ing through these situations calms me a little.  I have never been through anything like this before.  There are many survivors on this board.  Many brave ones.  Gives me hope.  Thank you all.

Valued Contributor

Re: Breast biopsy is cancer

[ Edited ]

QVCaddiction,  I'm 13 years out, had invasive cancer, lumpectomy, grade1, 9mm and 35 radiation treatments.  I was 2 months out from my mammogram when I found a lump when my dog kicked me and the pain was unbearable.  Went for a diagnostic and yes I had cancer.  My surgeon said it was slow growing and probably had it 5 years.  Sentinal node clear.  It never showed up on a mammogram even the diagnostic.  Had an ultrasound which showed it.  Just had my mammogram last month, 3D, and fine.  No longer get MRIs.  Think positive it helps.

Esteemed Contributor

@kismet 

@kismet wrote:

QVCaddiction,  I'm 13 years out, had invasive cancer, lumpectomy, grade1, 9mm and 35 radiation treatments.  I was 2 months out from my mammogram when I found a lump when my dog kicked me and the pain was unbearable.  Went for a diagnostic and yes I had cancer.  My surgeon said it was slow growing and probably had it 5 years.  Sentinal node clear.  It never showed up on a mammogram even the diagnostic.  Had an ultrasound which showed it.  Just had my mammogram last month, 3D, and fine.  No longer get MRIs.  Think positive it helps.

Had mammo and ultrasound today and everything was fine. It was a good day.  I will take your advice and thank you.  Glad you are Cancer free.

Trusted Contributor
QVCaddiction
I’m so happy all is clear. I also am a believer in not worrying. (easier said than done)
All we can do is be as proactive as possible.
Happy Mother’s Day to all us care givers!
Now take care of ourselves 👍
Esteemed Contributor

@qvcaddition 

Thank God that u had a good day and that you're fine. Last year I told my roomie "they could send a man to the moon but can't they can't fix my problem." He told me that it's easier to send a man to the moon - because our bodies are so complicated. Interesting!!!

Honored Contributor

@springers   How are you doing?

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh