Trusted Contributor
Thank you everyone for your encouragement.
I had an MRI so good news is nothing new found. Insurance doesn’t want to approve one time radiation during surgery, they want me to go daily for 6 wks. Also they are removing lymph nodes for examination. Those who have had noninvasive did you have this done?
Thanks
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Breast biopsy is cancer

[ Edited ]

@springers wrote:
Thank you everyone for your encouragement.
I had an MRI so good news is nothing new found. Insurance doesn’t want to approve one time radiation during surgery, they want me to go daily for 6 wks. Also they are removing lymph nodes for examination. Those who have had noninvasive did you have this done?
Thanks

@springers 

I had DCIS, grade 3, also and did have a sentinel node biopsy. They only remove the nodes that drain from the area of your cancer. There were 3 nodes removed, and I’ve had no problems. I do always have blood pressure checks, shots and IVs done on the other side. My BC experience was 18 years ago. 

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

This is the best site when someone is dealing with medical issues. The ladies on here are so helpful, caring and they offer lots of advice. So glad it was caught early - and I know you'll come thru this like a champ.

Respected Contributor

Bad news but Stage0 is best! Wishes for smooth removal and good doctors- 

Valued Contributor

Springers I just signed onto the forum to see if any information on DCIS as I too had a calcium cluster show on my recent mammogram and had a steriotactic biopsy last week and go on Thursday for my results.

Glad you found this early and I am reading lots about DCIS. Wishing you were one of the 85% with non cancerous biopisies but so appreciate any information such as this and thank you for sharing and it looks to be easily treatable from what I have been told and are reading.

I would not have know that the cells are "Graded" and will read more about ttis. Also very very interesting and good to know how your insurance will not opt for a one time radiation treatment. Disappointing that you must go for 6 weeks but also when an insurance company refuses to pay for something that probably would cost less I assume, is evidence that the 6 week regimine is the way to go.

Again, best of luck with your treatment and thank you so much for sharing this information.

Trusted Contributor
Update: between coordinating coverage and open surgery schedule, my surgery is April 12.
Now my insurance approved the one time radiation (this is done internally during surgery) IORT. Now we need to schedule with that in mind. I will be monitored more closely since this is a newer procedure. I like the idea of pinpointing radiation to specific area with less side affects.
Valued Contributor

hope that you will be okay . Your lucky to have found it so early . This is a good thing. Wishing you the best of health

cathy from ma

Super Contributor

3 breast cancers = 2 lumpectomy and 1 mastectomy.  Been cancer free since 1994.

Trusted Contributor
I’m finished with my procedure. I had a lumpectomy, 3cm (1.2 in). The pathology report came back with clear margins (surrounding cells), no lymph nodes were removed. I had internal radiation (one time intense). I feel great and now get monitored. Thanks for letting me chat while going through it. The surgeon was so busy, too many procedures in our time. The science is amazing.
Honored Contributor

@springers wrote:
I’m finished with my procedure. I had a lumpectomy, 3cm (1.2 in). The pathology report came back with clear margins (surrounding cells), no lymph nodes were removed. I had internal radiation (one time intense). I feel great and now get monitored. Thanks for letting me chat while going through it. The surgeon was so busy, too many procedures in our time. The science is amazing.

@springers, I'm glad to see everything went well.  I wish you a speedy recovery and pray for good health for you.  Hoping this is all behind you.