Honored Contributor

Re: Breast Ultrasound

[ Edited ]

@kelshar  I totally get what you're saying.  I don't like when they have to do the exam alone in that area.  I feel a little nauseaous.  And having to have my arm up and behind my head makes it worse.  The ultrasound and pressing down over and over would absolutely drive me crazy.

Oh what we have to do!

Just had a colonoscopy this morning.  So glad that's over!!!

I could a mammogram a day as they don't bother me, but anything below the waist---ugh!

Respected Contributor

@Lucky Charm wrote:

@kelshar  I totally get what you're saying.  I don't like when they have to do the exam alone in that area.  I feel a little nauseaous.  And having to have my arm up and behind my head makes it worse.  The ultrasound and pressing down over and over would absolutely drive me crazy.

Oh what we have to do!

I could a mammogram a day as they don't bother me, but anything below the waist---ugh!

Just read your post Lucky charm. Am scheduled for my first colonoscopy next week and am quite nervous. Did yours go ok? How long did it take?

Honored Contributor

@KKJ wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

Oh what we have to do!

Just read your post Lucky charm. Am scheduled for my first colonoscopy next week and am quite nervous. Did yours go ok? How long did it take?

@KKJ Less than a half hour, I believe.  It's no big deal. 

As they say, the prep is the kicker.   But for me the worst of the prep is the taste of the stuff you have to drink---not the going to the bathroom part.

I just took magazines in to the bathroom and paid no mind to ....... all that sitting.....Woman Very Happy

It is painless, you are deep asleep.  Once it's over, I always feel great, actually.  Maybe because I've lost a pound or two?  I don't know!

This was #3 for me.  My doc says 7 years, but I insist on every 5.  I started younger than most.

Good for you for getting one!  You'll be so glad you did it.

Respected Contributor

Thanks for the info, I feel a little less nervous. I've been putting it off for too long as my oncologist is the one pushing me to get one. I had ovarian cancer 2 yrs ago which is why she insists I get this done.