Respected Contributor

And surprise, surprise!  I'm scheduled for a 're do" and ultrasound next week!  I hope it's nothing.

Trusted Contributor
@DrKelli

Hang in there. Hopefully it's nothing. Let us know.👍
Respected Contributor

I actually rescheduled the appointment for Friday. Thank you for your good thoughts!

Respected Contributor

When I lived in California, I had them done every year for a long time.  They were a little uncomfortable but not painful.  However, when I moved, a breast ultrasound was done differently.  They would only place the probe in one or two areas and not the entire breast like they did in California.  However, my new insurance (and now being in a different) state, I am now covered for a 3D mammogram.  Which is a lot easier and not  uncomfortable at all.

Honored Contributor

I am going this morning for my annual mamo.  I always get so nervous.  

Respected Contributor

@chessylady Please tell me what dense breast means ?

Respected Contributor

Dense breast refer to how the breast appears on a mammogram. Dense breast tissue appears as a white blob making it harder to detect breast cancer. Those without dense breasts appear as darker fatty tissue which is easier to detect breast cancer. That is one reason why I have been referred for additional tests at times. You can google dense breasts and there will be pictures of this.

Honored Contributor

I had an ultra sound of the breasts 15 years ago and wish I could just have that ,instead of the standard mamo which is painful for me. I don't really worry about what will be found on breast exam, you can't change anything all you can do is deal with it. Things are so much worse when you work yourself up and ususally it turns out to be nothing or not as bad as you thought.

Respected Contributor

That's the attitude I'm taking @blackhole99 .  They found something on the ultrasound and I will be having a biopsy on November 1.   I told my mom I can't worry about it because there is nothing to worry about yet.  Hopefully that holds true for November 1.

Trusted Contributor
@DrKelli

I'm glad you posted. I was waiting to hear how your appt. went. You are sooo right about not worrying. That's the best attitude to have! Everything will be ok.👍😊