Respected Contributor

My best friend--who is a nurse--reminded me that this might be related to my alopecia flare.  Maybe it is just a rogue lymph node.  I guess we'll see in 2 weeks! I'll post when I get the results.

Trusted Contributor
👍👍
Honored Contributor

@DrKelli wrote:

That's the attitude I'm taking @blackhole99 .  They found something on the ultrasound and I will be having a biopsy on November 1.   I told my mom I can't worry about it because there is nothing to worry about yet.  Hopefully that holds true for November 1.

@DrKelli  Good luck, I'll mention you in my prayers and send you good vibes Nov.1.

Respected Contributor

@DrKelli   A few months ago I had my regular mammogram and when they saw two "lumps", my primary doctor scheduled me for more tests and an ultrasound and recommended a good cancer doctor.  After those new tests were done, I was off to the breast cancer doctor to get his opinion with the results.  I tell this new doctor to just remove them or do whatever he had to do and I would be OK with it.  He tells me to slow down and we'll take each step at a time.

He schedules biopsies and I had to wait another couple of weeks for that appointment.   The biopsies were uncomfortable, but not as bad as I had prepared for. 

I think the doctor telling me that we would take each step at a time was reassuring since it is a process and not to skip ahead to the worst case.

I waited for a very long week for the results and when the doctor told me that it wasn't cancer, I was honestly shocked.  I had convinced myself that I was going to get bad news.

I will keep you in my prayers and encourage you to stay positive.  It's not easy waiting for appointments and waiting for updates, but reading about other posters who had gone through the same thing and had positive outcomes was comforting to me.

......You look like I need a drink.....
Trusted Contributor

Re: Breast Ultrasound

[ Edited ]

I had one done after they found a benign cyst. They did a mamo in that breast first, then the ultrasound. My hospital doesn't do ultrasound routinely for dense breast unless they suspect something. They won't upgrade to 3D mammography, either. I have dense breasts and have thermography done instead of mammography.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

Same here - and ditto on the "no" for giving up caffeine. Smiley Happy 

Respected Contributor

@Zaimee wrote:

Yes, both are uncomfortable and nerve wracking. 

Had mammo and ultrasound for dense breast in August 2015 and 2016. All good.......

until January 2017 huge lump...... another mammo, ultrasound......radiologist said sorry we did not see this before!!!

TN breast cancer. Chemo, double mastectomy, Radiation, failed reconstruction.......

Now, that is uncomfortable.

But, I am here!

@Zaimee  Great attitude. You're a trouper, through and through and I'm glad you're here to! I admire you, as I'm sure so many others do. As you say and as the song goes, "I'm Still Here"! (Favs, Elaine Stritch, Shirley MacLaine and Patti LuPone).

I started having mammo's at 45. My body started making tumors in other places so I  insisted on having Sono's.  My doctor said it wasn't necessary but I insisted. Sure enough 3 years later, my mammo showed nothing but the sono showed a tumor. I'm now a 16 year survivor but there are things showing on other pats of my body that they are constantly watching and testing.

Point being, know your body, insist on what you want done. There are always ways around having important tests done, within reason. Mammo's are not the be all and end all but are definitely necessary.  IMO, Sonograms are just as important and necessary. I'm proof positive.

As another poster mentioned, if most men had women's problems, they couldn't handle it or they'd cry every day! 

Anyway, @Zaimee, once again, feel well and stay well. My prayers and heart are with you!

To all ladies (and men), stay well and fight whatever you have to fight to get to the other side. We're all tough cookies when we have to be. We should all be here for one another, for whatever might come. No matter how slight or how bad and frightening. It should make no difference. One can't measure another persons troubles or pain. Again, we can and should be there for one another, no matter what!

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Trusted Contributor
@Coquille

Right on!!👍👍
Respected Contributor

@bobby5 wrote:
@Coquille

Right on!!👍👍

@bobby5 😉

Happiness is not a destination, it is a way of life.
Honored Contributor

And cue my yearly mammogram letter.