Honored Contributor

Re: Breast Reduction Surgery Soon

[ Edited ]

@marky wrote:

I have been reading various forums on the internet about the surgery but was wondering if anyone here has had breast reduction surgery and if you have any suggestions for me.  Looking for comfort items or anything that will help to make my recovery easier.

Good luck @markyEveryone I know who has had this operation have been extremely happy with the outcome.

I had a breast lift 6+ years ago and would do it again.

No one needs to suffer with nausea from the anesthesia.  Just mention it when you speak with your anesthesiologist.

Valued Contributor

I had this done 12 years ago.  Easiest thing ever!  I've had dental work that hurt more than this.  Mine was on Wednesday and I was back to work on Monday.  My recommendation is to slip panty shields in the underneath portion of your bra just in case you still bleed a bit.  They are perfectly lightweight yet, obviously, absorbing.  And, I had to pull my own tapes off so I soaked with baby oil and it made that job much easier.

i would do this again in a heartbeat!

I love my family, my fur boys, my Jayhawks and accounting!
Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Well, I'm starting my fourth week of recovery.  The surgery went well and I am over the moon happy with the result.  My neck, shoulders, and back are thanking me for the change.  Recovery went smoothly until last week when I developed a redness from infection.  We caught it early and started antibiotics.  I will continue them for another week.  Healing was great and the remainder of the stitches were removed yesterday.  I will now start a scar treatment to lessen the redness.   I just plan on massaging with a good vitamin e oil.  Best decision I ever made for my health.  No regrets.  Looking forward to being able to exercise more easily and to not be so self-conscious.

Super Contributor

Congratulations!  I am so happy that everything went smoothly.  Even if there had been bumps in the road - this surgery is so worth it.  One last bit of advice - as you start to feel better and better - still don't do too much reaching because you can still stress internal stitches.  

Honored Contributor

My Mom had reduction surgery after getting breast cancer on her shoulder from pulling bra straps up tight to hold her very ample breasts .She said it was the best thing she ever did for herself.

Occasional Contributor

Thanks for sharing your breast reduction experience with the rest of us. This can really help others in deciding if it is worth it or not. I am planning to have one too since i have a top-heavy frame but right now i still need to finish my studies. I think the results are not immediate so i may have to postpone it up until i graduate next year. I'm planning to have it in Manila with surgeon Dr Rino Lorenzo. For me, breast reduction should be done only for health reasons, not asthetic.