Honored Contributor

Re: Breast Implant Illness (BII) It's A Real Thing!

@QVCclosetQueen wrote:

Something to think about for any of you with breast implants who may be sick, or are in pain with no explanation, and no results after many Dr. visits.

I have been healthy my entire life, until about 5 years ago when my health started to decline. I have only recently been made aware of the side effects of having breast implants. Side effects including auto immune disease, cancer, extreme fatigue, inflammation throughout your body, weight gain, brain fog, vertigo, panic attacks, skin problems, pain throughout the body among MANY other adverse effects.

I've been on a wild goose chase for 5 years trying to figure out what is wrong, with no real answers. I've been told I "might" have MS,(I wasn't tested for MS) I have fibromyalgia, and have been tested for several other diseases (all negative) . A lot of the BII symptoms align with many other auto immune diseases, and Dr.'s aren't looking at implants being the culprit, until now. (THANK GOD) The FDA has recently pulled textured implants off the market, because of all the men/women testing positive for "Associated Large Cell Lymphoma" Not everyone is effected by their implants, but the majority are, at some point.Woman Sad There are so many toxic chemicals used in developing the implants, it's not surprising at all if you think about it.

Please educate yourself on the dangers of breast implants if you're thinking about doing it. A word of wisdom from sombody who has been through the fire, and continues to go through it... do NOT do it. My explant surgery is scheduled for September 6th. Women are saying a lot of their symptoms subside only days after explanting. (looking forward to it)

The only way out, is to have them removed. I'm so grateful to be lucky enough to have found out in time. This isn't to scare or alarm anybody. It's just my experience, and if it helps just one person find the answers, then it's worth posting. Heart

@QVCclosetQueen 

The side effects have been  known for many, many years.  This isn't new information.  Good luck with your surgery.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A young adult relative had a double mastectomy as a result of breast cancer.  She had the textured implants and now these have been banned! Does she have these removed (currently would be her bill for thousands).  She is scared for herself and her young family; she is not yet 40.

Esteemed Contributor

Just for the sake of accuracy, this is not a matter of saline vs silicone implants.  This latest warning pertains to textured implants, which have been linked to a type of cancer.

BIA-ALCL is a rare and highly treatable type of lymphoma that can develop around breast implants. BIA-ALCL occurs most frequently in patients who have breast implants with textured surfaces. This is a cancer of the immune system, not a type of breast cancer.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Esteemed Contributor

@patbz wrote:

A young adult relative had a double mastectomy as a result of breast dance.  She had the textured implants and now these have been banned! Does she have these removed (currently would be her bill for thousands).  She is scared for herself and her young family; she is not yet 40.

@patbz 

She needs to get some medical opinions.  No one on this board is qualified to give you an answer.  I don't think they are recommending that they be removed unless the woman is having health issues - like the OP.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Frequent Contributor

Mine are saline as well. I'm not getting a lift afterwards. That was an awful thing for your gyno to say! Encapulation happens almost immediately after surgery. Good luck with yours.

Frequent Contributor

You're correct, it isn't new. However, it wasn't known to cause cancer. And the FDA is now recognizing the importance of removal with so many sick people coming forward. Insurance companies have never before been forced to pay for the explant.. It has become a crisis.

Trusted Contributor

I watched a show where a woman was sick and the medical professionals could not figure out why.  She called her plastic surgeon who did her implants and knew right away what the problem was.  They took her implants out and they were black.  They had so much toxins in them that they were poisoning her.  They looked gross.  Why do women put a foreign substance in their bodies, i.e. breast implants?  You do not know how it is going to affect you and I am always suspicious when doctors tell you it is safe.  Well obviously they are not.  I would rather have a flat chest and be healthy then have a big bosom and be ill from it.