Trusted Contributor

Re: Brand New Guidelines for PCR Testing from the WHO

@Porcelain wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

The WHO? ... I'll ask 1 of our felines.

hckynut 

I just asked my cat about PCR testing and he blinked at me.

I think that means he advises me to consult the WHO and CDC so I can follow the latest safety guidelines. In order to survive and not catch Covid, which could interrupt the timeliness of his treats. He is in favor of me remaining healthy so he is not inconvenienced foodwise and lapwise.

So now we have one of the nation's foremost experts we can all trust weighing in--in FAVOR of paying attention to the stats and guidelines from the WHO and CDC. Breaking expert news report from the field, signing off. Woman Very Happy

@Porcelain You put a smile on my face.  That is a very smart cat!

Honored Contributor

@Bhvbum wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

The WHO? I steer away from anything they have to say. Once they showed me who the WHO really is all about, no thanks. I'll ask 1 of our felines.

hckynut 

Please then include the United States of America on your list to stay away from, with over 450,000 dead in almost 25,000,000 cases, our credibility is much worse these days.

Here's a few things the WHO accomplished while you were not noticing them:    The WHO has played a leading role in several public health achievements, most notably the eradication of smallpox, the near-eradication of polio, and the development of an Ebola vaccine. Its current priorities include communicable diseases, particularly HIV/AIDS, Ebola, malaria and tuberculosis; non-communicable diseases such as heart disease and cancer; healthy diet, nutrition, and food security; occupational health; and substance abuse.

@Bhvbum 

If you wish to go back in history to Jonas Salk, be my guest. As I have said adnausem on this and other forums. I do not live in the past or the future, I live the now, 1 day at a time.

To avoid stating political facts I will leave you with this.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@hckynut wrote:

The WHO? ... I'll ask 1 of our felines.

hckynut 

I just asked my cat about PCR testing and he blinked at me.

I think that means he advises me to consult the WHO and CDC so I can follow the latest safety guidelines. In order to survive and not catch Covid, which could interrupt the timeliness of his treats. He is in favor of me remaining healthy so he is not inconvenienced foodwise and lapwise.

So now we have one of the nation's foremost experts we can all trust weighing in--in FAVOR of paying attention to the stats and guidelines from the WHO and CDC. Breaking expert news report from the field, signing off. Woman Very Happy

@Porcelain ,

3 of our 4 felines blinked twice when I asked them about this. I will stay with my original statement about the WHO. I don't recall including CDC.

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Honored Contributor

@mom2four0418 

"I always trust science". 

As do I, most of the time. Science and Scientists are 2 different topics, and the latter?  Not so much!

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

Hard to know who to trust.   So many reasons not to trust.  My precious little ktties have no information for me except want me to stay healthy so their supply of food doesn't end.  

Honored Contributor

Who is surprised the new guidelines came to be at this time.... a tad suspicious.

Respected Contributor

@Porcelain wrote:

@noodleann wrote:

@mom2four0418 wrote:

Fortunately, I have cats. Information problem solved. 

I always trust science..

@noodleann 

Where did you get the idea that the CDC is not providing scientifically based sound medical advice? I assume your opinions are based on something outside yourself. Right now what you've said here sounds to me similar to someone saying ESPN is lying to them because last week they provided different sports scores than they did this week, ignoring the reasons for it.

Getting every willing person vaccinated is the goal right now. If you get one brand vaccination for you first shot, they are saying it's okay to get a different brand for your second shot if that's the only kind available. That's really great news and adds flexibility to get this done.

I "got the idea" from what I read from the NYT and other sources. There is no legitimate, sound basis that's been shared with the public for the CDC to say, hey, go ahead and get a Moderna shot for your second dose, even if you've had a Pfizer first, or vice versa. There's no test data to support that that's okay. And the data are lacking to support an extended waiting period for the second shot. So it really does not appear to be science they're basing this on. They have no reason to say it's "okay." That's really BAD NEWS and adds more confusion to an already confused situation, and justifiably deepens the sense of distrust people have of the CDC.

I'd also like some accounting for why people don't have the information on what, exactly, they were given first. There is a vaccination card on which that data should be recorded, as well as date, lot number, etc., and presumably those data are also being captured and databased. 

If this isn't happening, it's a free-for-all without accountability. Given what's at stake--the health of the American public--and the billions that have been squandered on this already, that is not acceptable.

Esteemed Contributor

I just read that WHO said that the pandemic was not handled well globally, which resulted in so many deaths.  While I have no idea all of the things that WHO does, I would think that they should have been the leader in how the pandemic was and is being handled.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!