Valued Contributor

Re: Brain Tumor - Astrocytoma

I will have all of you in my prayers.

Honored Contributor

This is the tumor that killed my younger granddaughter when she was 10-1.2. She'd be 19 this coming June. My heart goes out to anyone dealing with this. Her family suffered terribly after she died.

Honored Contributor

On 4/26/2015 4KICKS said:

BKGirl, just want to let you know that I am still keeping your SON and FAMILY in my prayers!!

I know you need strength to go through whatever you are experiencing. May you feel the presence of God in your lives.

Please accept my feelings of sorrow, too, and let them echo 4KICKS'

~Have a Kind Heart, Fierce Mind, Brave Spirit~
Contributor

There are grades of astrocytoma. It is slow-growing and he has had this for some time. I have know 2 who had this. A lot depends on where it is as far as surgery goes. Many new treatments are available and hopefully they will find one he responds to. I am VERY sorry!

Trusted Contributor

Bk girl, i just read a very interesting story on msn.com about an MIT doctoral student who filmed his own brain surgery. Its on the front page of msn today and also posted on vox.com. Hope you are all doing very well and staying positive! Happy mothers day!
Honored Contributor

bkgirl, please let us hear from you when you can. Praying for all,of you,
Regular Contributor

Bk girl thinking of you and your son and praying for you. I hope things are going better, and he is comfortable . Will continue with positive thoughts and prayer

Trusted Contributor

Sorry I don't have any info about it, but I wanted to lend my support and send a hug!

Gloria

Frequent Contributor

Update - I'm sorry I haven't posted in a long time - no excuse other than not enough hours in a day. Not much new....except that my son has been very sick from the chemo/radiation. It kills me to see him so sick. He used to be such a strong, healthy guy. Thank you for your continued support & prayers. God bless you!
Respected Contributor

bkgirl, sending more prayers to you and your son.