Super Contributor

Re: Brain Tumor - Astrocytoma

Bkgirl, Your family is blessed to have you. Just be there for them, and for each other.

Prayers going up for you all.

XOXO

P.S. I have been in your place and my heart feels for you.

In Sunny AZ
Contributor

So very sorry. I will keep your son in my prayers.

Regular Contributor

My prayers will be said for you, your son and family. My nephew had brain surgery and the tumor (cancerous) came back. I came to this forums as I believe in the power of prayer and several people said they would include Eric in their prayers. his last scan came back clean. so for now we are blessed and I will pray the same for your son

Respected Contributor

I saw a special show on HBO called VICE. It was about how some forms of cancers are being treated with measles virus, etc. They also did a segment on glioblastomas. I believe the glio treatment was being done at University of Pittsburg but I can't remember. I know if you went to HBO - VICE, the listings would show. Very interesting.

I have had a BIL and a friend whose brother had glioblastomas. They were both in their late 40's.

Super Contributor

bkgirl--I have been thinking of you and your son/family and am glad to read your recent update. I will continue to keep all of you in my prayers and wish you strength and hope as you take things one at a time. Take good care, and I hope you feel able to keep us posted--so many people care!

Frequent Contributor

Update - preliminary tests that can be done locally are finished. After 3 other opinions,my son will be having an "awake" craniotomy on April 14th in San Francisco. The wait is very hard, but we will get thru it. He has been told that the tumor is very "slow growing", and has probably been there for a long time.

I can't begin to put into words the appreciation I feel for your support & prayers. We all really feel their presence, and know they are giving us our strength.

Please continue to pray for Adam, his wife & children, and the rest of us on this journey.

God bless you all….

Super Contributor

I will pray for your son's full recovery.

Occasional Contributor

I don't know anything about this kind of tumor. In 2006 I had a grapefruit-sized meningioma removed from my right frontal lobe. I am doing fine now--no cancer. I do know that having a brain tumor can be very scary for the patient and the whole family. I will remember you all in my prayers. My niece has brain cancer now. God bless you all.

Honored Contributor

bkgirl....thanks for taking the time to update your son's condition and procedure. One day at a time, prayers for you, your son and family.

Contributor

I am sending you and your family hugs and prayers. Just take one day at a time...