Occasional Contributor

Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux

Has anyone ever used Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux?  I am currently on medication and would like to try the apple cider vinegar but I was wondering the results others had.  Thank You. 

Honored Contributor

Re: Bragg Organic Apple Cider Vinegar for Acid Reflux

I have had acid reflux for years.  Any food or drink containing a high acidic content is the last thing I'd try.  I know some people believe cider vinegar will cure cancer but you could be doing real harm. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@bjc29 My DH has with some success but he seems to do better with aloe Vera juice.

Contributor

My boyfriend drinks this and it works for him but yikes it smells awful and tastes nasty!

Esteemed Contributor

Braggs stopped my sudden onset of acid reflux.  A tablesspoon in water before or after the meal. I can say that I do not have acid reflux.

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

You might want to read The Acid Watcher Diet: a 28-Day Reflux Prevention nd Healing Program by Joanathan Aviv, MD, FACS. He's a clinical professor of Otolaryngology at the Icahn chool of Medicine at Mount Sinai. He has a detailedlist of what works for acid reflux. His program, though admittedly restrictive, has worked wonders for me. I've has a long struggle with acid reflux, been on high prescription strength omeprazole, plus taking tums often. I've been able to come off omeprazole to ranitidine and now am about to drop ranitidine. 

He makes a very compelling case about the danger of unchecked acid reflux and esophageal cancer and why the esophageal cancer rate is rising. 

Frequent Contributor

Here's an article from the Daily Mail(UK) that has a list of foods to avoid and why you need to avoid them if you have acid reflux by Dr. Aviv -

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-4174090/The-surprising-new-food-rules-banish-acid-reflux.h...

Occasional Contributor

I read this article and found it very helpful...Thank You

Honored Contributor

The cancer rate is rising for many reasons.

Use of alcohol and tobacco contributes, obesity and regularly overeating contribute

Not all meds are the same, read this article

Not all meds are the same

I'm no doctor, not even in the health field but the biggest problem is people are not regularly screened.   We are told to get a colonoscopy, with or without symptoms at age 50 but who has ever been told they should get an endoscopy, if you have no symptoms?

JMHO

Honored Contributor

I also came off omeprazole and went on ranitadine.  Now I take that very seldom.  The worst thing for me is to lean forward after eating, like you were tying your shoes.  I have a friend who had his entire esophagus removed due to cancer.  His stomach is now attached to his throat.  So don't mess around with acid reflux.