Valued Contributor

Re: Brad Pitt's new skin care line

An appeal to "celebrity" it is.

Respected Contributor

Nope. That's just crazy. I'll just drink some wine and put on my PTR, followed by a good hyaluronic, face moisturizer. 

Valued Contributor

Thank you @Mindy D , for your post & the updates. It made for a very informative and enjoyable read.

Honored Contributor

He's an incredibly wealthy celebrity doing what most celebrities do now, diversifying.  He's growing his wealth the way most multimillionaire do.  They are attempting to tap into the male market without taking a big risk and going all the way and calling it a men's line.  It's not a new concept, Avon and Dove have had a men's skincare line for years.  Pitt's line will be going after the men with money by branding itself as exclusive and based on new technology.  And as the article states, they want to profit off the byproducts from his winery.  There are already skin care lines that use grape byproducts, his will just have it's own recipe.  Of course it's a celebrity brand.  The fact that Brad Pitt is talking about it makes it a celebrity brand.  He doesn't have to be the face of the brand, he just needs his name connected to it.  

Honored Contributor

Difficult to understand who his target audience is when he says it is not a "celebrity" brand and yet will be charging $350 for this product.  Nothing new about grape ingredients although I'm sure it will be tweaked so it will be "revolutionary".  Cleaver ploy to utilize the waste from his vineyards.  Smart business man, I'm just not sure the common man will pony up the $350.

Respected Contributor

Don't be too quick to dismiss this as just another celebrity cream.

At $350, I dismissed it immediately. You must have really deep pockets if you think that's a reasonable price.

Honored Contributor

Are they giving out any samples?   Woman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

@Tinkrbl44   I'll take a sample of Brad Pitt.  Always thought he was gorgeous, even as he gets older.  After watching Thelma and Louise, I was hooked and it hasn't changed all these years later.

......You look like I need a drink.....