Honored Contributor

Brad Pitt's new skin care line

[ Edited ]

Pitt has a new "genderless" skin care line. The moisturizer costs $350. The line is called Le Domaine. Pitt is partnered with the owners of a famous vineyard and the product contains ingredients from the grapes. Brad will not be the face of the product. Brad owns Chateu Miravel in Provence, which is known for its rose and he's joined with the Perrin family that produce his wine too. The ingredients are based on some research.

Brad says this is not going to be a celebrity brand product.

There are two key ingredients in the line that were the results of research by different scientists from different fields. 

Don't be too quick to dismiss this as just another celebrity cream. We will have to see. There are four products in the line and they rely on some very new technology. After reading about the scientific work behind the products, and the proprietary ingredients to come out of this work, I can see why the price might be so high.

-------------------------   

UPDATE: After doing some more digging, I found a Glamour online article which said that the PROGR3 ingredient is derived from chamomile, green tea and grape vine extract. I found this hardly revolutionary. Not bad, but not what I was expecting   
as a new discovery from renowned researchers in pathological human aging. 

UPDATE CONTINUED. I also have to add that Pitt and his Perrin family partner had been searching for ways to use the leftovers from wine making for quite some time and I agree with the other post that mentions this. Most of the interviews with Pitt that I read mentioned this. 

--------------------------------------------------------

INGREDIENTS GSM10®* This ingredient comes from a scientist that has been working with grape skins and seeds and their anti oxidant effects, including the effects of resveratrol from various grapes.

The Perrin family has been working with an enologist, an expert in the chemistry and biology of making good wines,  Dr. Pierre-Louis Teissedre, for 10 years. Dr. Teissedre developed GSM10®, which contains antioxidants from Grenache, Syrah, and Mourvèdre grapes’ pulpy extract from the Perrin estates. According to a press statement from the scientist, the antioxidants will “provide protection against oxidation if they are applied regularly, and over the long-term, they will limit skin aging. They also combat the risk of dry skin,” 

AND PROGR3®*.This ingredient was developed by three key scientists. One, scientist, Professor Nicolas Levy, working for years on the rare disorder progeria in which people age prematurely. Levy was professor of Human and Medical Genetics in Marseille Hospital and director of the research lab there. He was working for 20 years to understand the mechanisms of pathological aging. He left to work in industry and began to work with Prof. Pierre Cau, a leading researcher in progeria. They founded a biotech company, ProGeLife,  that was focused on developing medicines for rare diseases. From their research, they developed the compound ProGR3 which they say is capable of slowing down aging mechanisms. 

-------------

UPDATE 3

There are certainly so mainly celebrities in the beauty, fragrance and health game that consumers are bound for celebrity beauty brand fatigue. Every month, another celeb jumps in with some line. 

Valued Contributor

Re: Brad Pitt's new skin care line

[ Edited ]

Oh please! Another "HAS BEEN" that needs his name out there.

OK he found a use for the stuff he can't use in wine..skin and seeds!

Super Contributor

ANOTHER  HAS BEEN ???  Brad Pitt is no has been!  However I will agree another celebrity selling another very expensive product lining their pockets with more green.  I am going to assume he probably has had some face work, if even just a little.  What I am tired of celebrities hocking facial products that they claim make them look younger yet they never admit they have work done on themselves.  Actually I wouldn't mind a facelift myself if only I could afford it!

Respected Contributor

BradPittisahasbeen? 😳

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 @I don't disagree with you about Pitt finding a use for his grape leftovers. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Reilley @Pitt says he's never been into skin care and he's only been cajoled into using anything, by his various women partners, when they have have briefly convinced him to use whatever they were using. He is not going to be the face of this line. He has not been claiming the products make him look younger. So far the ad campaign for the line is different from other celebrity lines where the celeb pretends that the products they are pitching is responsible for their perfect skin, when the real magic behind their skin's great look is coming from plastic surgery, fillers and BOTOX. BTW, He is a smoker; not a habit that is desirable if one wants good looking skin.

Honored Contributor

It's too expensive for me but the ingredients are very interesting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@SilleeMee @We'll have to see if it does anything special. I'm not sure they know who their target market is. You've got to know your market, especially for a $350 face cream. Right now, they are marketing as genderless and waste reducing, but that's all I've seen so far. I've been to their website and their bottles are nice, using oak from the wine barrels as tops for the bottles. 
@SilleeMee Maybe they should be targeting themselves as a line for smokers or those that have been hard on their skin and now want to start treating it better. Late bloomers. I don't know how they would go about this in a socially acceptable way, but there is no competition in this and there are many smokers in other countries, Maybe, instead of targeting a genderless market they could be targeting it to wealthier men that smoke or never took proper care of their skin from sun and wind. I read that 33.4% of French men smoke. I have no idea what their income levels are. 

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D 

A few days ago I took a look at the website...Le-Domaine dot com. Interesting reads and a nice website.

Respected Contributor

Brad Pitt is not a has been, take a look at his IMDB if your not aware of all of his projects.