Frequent Contributor

I have just recently received my first round of botox for migraines (at the beginning of April). I didn't expect it to work simply because nothing else I have ever tried has worked. Boy, am I glad I tried it!!! I have gone from having 15-20 migraines a month to only 5 in the past month!!! I have gotten my life back! They say that treatment improves with each injection that you get every 3 months (some people don't have any less migrianes the first time). My doctor is very optomistic that I will be a very successful patient and get them down to 0-1 migraines per month.

It is an approved treatment for chronic migraines (15 or more a month). All you have to do is see a neurologist that gives botox and have tried an X # of other types of treatment without success (anticonvulsants, anti depressants, etc.).

I just wanted to let others know this treatment is out there and that it has been successful for me....Oh, & the migraines I have had have been easily treated with 1-2 excedrin (1 most of the time).