Respected Contributor

Re: Bone Broth Advice Needed

I had my first soup made with bone broth.....let’s just say it didn’t agree with me. Guess that is a “healthy” thing I can cross off my list along with tofu!

Trusted Contributor

Born to Shop, Kettle and Fire is my main broth choice; I only use others if I can't find it. I usually purchase directly from their websites or Amazon. One of my students from Taiwan urged me the early 2000s to prepare and eat bone broth to reduce the heat in my body. She depends on Chinese medicine and very littleWestern medicines. Turns out the heat indicated inflammation. I should have listened to her. I do have inflammation levels because of rheumatoid arthritis. I am going to buy some of the ginger turmeric broth next. 

Respected Contributor

@Zernia Rose  I love the Tumeric Ginger, Lemmongrass Ginger, Chipotle Beef and Mushroom Chicken Bone the best!  I also have their Mushroom Bisque Bone Broth as well!  At 67 yrs young, the gut/joint help has been epic for me!  I sip a cup in the morning and a cup late afternoon.  My intake of OTC pain aides have dimished to almost none.  It works for me!

Trusted Contributor

Born to Shop:  Wonderful.  I've been meaning to try some of the newer collections.  I need to follow your lead. My go to wellness classes are chair yoga and Tai Chi for my joint pain. My might try the tumeric milk/yellow milk drink some are reommending also, e.g. Dr. Weil.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Didn't read all posts but Pacific brand chicken bone broth at Whole Foods is very palatable.  I drink that and make my own (only chicken).  Imo, the health benefits are too great to nix a broth that I typically wouldn't enjoy too much.

You can saute with vegetables or add to other soups.

Wear a mask. Social distance. Be part of the solution - not part of the problem.
Honored Contributor

I really don't like it either so I have been taking bone broth supplements on Amazon.

It's by Peak Performance called Bone Broth Collagen Capsules.