Honored Contributor

Re: Bone Broth Advice Needed

@Carmie    Thanks for that cheesecloth tip.   I will take advantage next time I make broth-   Clean up is the part I dislike.

Respected Contributor

I go to a local Pho noodle house and just buy the broth.   I call it liquid gold.  It is bone broth that is seasoned lovely.

OR

Just buy a high-quality organic grass-fed collagen powder.

Esteemed Contributor

@CritterKeeper  I didn't know Swanson made a bone broth, I haven't seen this yet.

Do you mind telling me the sodium count?   I generally buy organic bone broth at whole foods and it's okay, not great.   I usually keep some in the frig and heat up a cup in the early afternoon to sip on.  I don't love it but it's so healthy for you.  When I make soup I just use low salt organic broths, not the bone, as it  changes  the taste of the soup too much.

Honored Contributor

I make my own, but stick with chicken as I use that the most and have the most organic chicken bones to use to make it.

I made beef once, but I don't accumulate enough grassfed bones to make it often.

===================================
QVC Shopper - 1993

# IAMTEAMWEN
Respected Contributor

@Zernia Rose  I am a big fan of Kettle & Fire bone broths.  It has been a major help for me addressing gut & joint health.  I just sip a cup in the morning & late afternoon; so soothing & delicious!  I don't want to take the time to make myself; money well spent for me!

9D860DDD-ABD1-4B00-BCFC-327FA806692A.jpeg

Valued Contributor

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@tends2dogs   Great answer. Thanks.Woman Wink

Esteemed Contributor

@CritterKeeper  Thank you!

Trusted Contributor

@BornToShop  Thanks for that info on the kettle and fire bone broth. I have those issues too and have never really tried using it consistently to see if it helps. I will try to do that now with the one I make.

Honored Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

@CritterKeeper  I didn't know Swanson made a bone broth, I haven't seen this yet.

Do you mind telling me the sodium count?   I generally buy organic bone broth at whole foods and it's okay, not great.   I usually keep some in the frig and heat up a cup in the early afternoon to sip on.  I don't love it but it's so healthy for you.  When I make soup I just use low salt organic broths, not the bone, as it  changes  the taste of the soup too much.

@LindaSal  @CritterKeeper 

It's annotated on the box and they also have a low sodium.  My experience with their broths is that it is not much more than water.