Esteemed Contributor

Re: Bone Broth Advice Needed

@tends2dogs wrote:

My dog wouldn't even eat it.  I dumped it!

@tends2dogs  You made me laugh.  It is amazing how many of us dump food that our dogs do not eat.  I might have to try the bone broth out on Maui.  She is the only dog that we have had that seems to eat anything, all day every day.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

@tends2dogs wrote:

My dog wouldn't even eat it.  I dumped it!

@tends2dogs  You made me laugh.  It is amazing how many of us dump food that our dogs do not eat.  I might have to try the bone broth out on Maui.  She is the only dog that we have had that seems to eat anything, all day every day.

I am glad I made you laugh, @SXMGirl .  I bought the broth for my dog, not for us.  He took one sniff and walked away.  It did smell terrible.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Trusted Contributor

@tends2dogs Did you buy the bone broth from the q or somewhere else? I always wondered what it tastes like. I make my own in the instant pot so I wouldn't buy, just curious.

Trusted Contributor

I use the Kettle and Fire brand for grains, soups, dressing, , chilis, braising, roasting, etc. They offer organic broths and soups along with keto soups. Love them; they provide  richness and a full body sensation to food. 

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@SXMGirl wrote:

I purchased bone broth with the hopes that it would be beneficial to my health.  Unfortunately, I find that it not only tastes terrible, but I cannot stand the smell of it.  Does anyone have suggestions to make it palatable?  I hope that if I can get some suggestions on dealing with the taste that I will be able to overlook the awful smell.

Discard it and find another trend that tastes good.  Boiling chicken slow, loading it up with veggies and drinking veggies will give you similiar results.

Honored Contributor

Ring the bell for the butcher.   They have bones....all kinds.   Just simmer your own!!!!    You can add your own seasoning to taste.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

This is one thing I would definitely buy organic. I cannot imagine simmering bones all day that are full of bad stuff. 
And others are correct. It's not a soup, it's a broth used to make soup. I put a box of it in any soup I make. It's no worse than the beef broth in boxes that you buy. 
Respected Contributor

Just the name turns me off. Give it to the dog. 

Valued Contributor

I buy these for lunch. Love them! The lemon rosemary is fabulous!81NbmCU8ocL._SL1500_.jpg

Esteemed Contributor

@Renata22 wrote:

@tends2dogs Did you buy the bone broth from the q or somewhere else? I always wondered what it tastes like. I make my own in the instant pot so I wouldn't buy, just curious.

@Renata22   I bought it where I get my dog's food.  I am a vegetarian so I never tasted it.  I just know that the smell ws very off putting.........apparently even to my dog.  LOL

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!