Frequent Contributor

Boku Meal Replacement Powder on Evine??

Hi!

Has anyone ever tried the Boku Meal Replacement Powerder in Chocolate or Vanilla flavors?  Yesterday, I saw the Boku presentation on Evine.  Just want some input (yay or nay) before I order it.

Thanks so much and have a blessed day!!Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: Boku Meal Replacement Powder on Evine??

[ Edited ]

My priority is eating real plant based food,,,given that I have said that, I do have Sun Warrior and Vega (greens and vegan protein)  in my cupboard.  A lot of research was done before those products were purchased.  If I was to supplement my dietary lifestyle in any way.,,those would be the products that I would use.  Haven't used them in quite awhile.

BOKU is not a bad product (a little short on the nutritional value) but the ingredients are not offensive to me.  I just prefer to get my nutrition through my food and you just can't beat fresh organic greens and I enjoy my fresh sprouts (easy, cheap, powerful nutrition ),

Valued Contributor

I agree with @phoenixbrd . I prefer real plant based foods as well. However, last week I researched meal replacement powders and the one I like is Sun Warrior Illumin8. I have no opinion on BOKU since I haven’t tried it. I

just wanted to share my research with you if you are looking for a meal replacement powder. 

I only want to have the powder on hand because a number of times I am rushing out the door with no time to prepare foods to take with me. It’s just poor planning on my part. 

Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see. It is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly "You Got This - Keep Going"
Honored Contributor

@SandPiper  That is exactly the one I have....Illumin8,  And I would use it in the same way you do,  

@SandPiper wrote:

I agree with @phoenixbrd . I prefer real plant based foods as well. However, last week I researched meal replacement powders and the one I like is Sun Warrior Illumin8. I have no opinion on BOKU since I haven’t tried it. I

just wanted to share my research with you if you are looking for a meal replacement powder. 

I only want to have the powder on hand because a number of times I am rushing out the door with no time to prepare foods to take with me. It’s just poor planning on my part. 

Honored Contributor

And I echo the responses before me, as well.

Another consider I would add....cost & availability.

If one is determined to get a meal replacement...just go to

your local Walmart. No need to pay postage on something

which can be purchased locally. 

As for safety? That’s a whole ‘nuther ballgame.

Here’s a good video summarizing results from the Clean Label Project.

Knowledge is power, yes?!

https://youtu.be/ZIymKRwUovQ

4042B9BB-EEE7-4AA7-9DC2-F732D232658A.jpeg

Honored Contributor

Did you read the reviews? 

I don't ever do these meal replacement things because none of them have ever appealed to me so I just gave up.  Last week Heather Thomson was on and I started to look at her stuff and the reviews weren't good for taste. 

I've also tried Andrew Lessman and didn't care for his stuff at all. 

Honored Contributor

@jettaforce

I personally do not eat meals, thus no need for anything deemed "meal replacement". Been doing what many call "grazing" for several decades now, when it comes to nutritional intake, be it in solid or liquid form. Grab a bite or 2 throughout the day of nutritionally dense fuel for my body.  

Getting my nutrition and fuel for the body this way keeps it pretty stable throughout my waking hours, without peaks and valleys which effect how my body functions, especially energy levels. Makes it easier to maintain/gain or lose weight what I choose at any given time.

Don't know anything about this Boku product in your thread title.

hckynut(john)

hckynut(john)