Honored Contributor

Re: Body Aches and Joint pain 2.5 weeks out from second Pfizer vaccine?

@hckynut wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

The US chose to vaccinate the oldest first because they have the highest risk of death from the virus.

@FancyPhillyshopper 

From what I have heard on many newscasts, many around the country seem to not be going with the "elders first plan". 

Have heard prisoners/teachers(many not in a classroom/Congress, and others. Why!  I'll keep that to myself.

hckynut 

Yes, my mother who is 91 just now got her second shot.  

Honored Contributor

@hckynut wrote:

@FancyPhillyshopper wrote:

The US chose to vaccinate the oldest first because they have the highest risk of death from the virus.

@FancyPhillyshopper 

From what I have heard on many newscasts, many around the country seem to not be going with the "elders first plan". 

Have heard prisoners/teachers(many not in a classroom/Congress, and others. Why!  I'll keep that to myself.

hckynut 

@hckynut  We're on the second phase in our area. Ages 65 and up, teachers, grocery workers, I forgot the rest. Also I don't know who was the first phase. Our friend who is a prison guard got Covid at the beginning of all this and then gave it to his wife. They did recover thank goodness.

Esteemed Contributor

@wonderfulworld -- Are you sure your leg aches and hip pain was a side effect of your vaccination?   Or, is it possible your aches were caused by something else?   I'm in my 70's and sometimes have mysterious aches and pains following household chores or gardening. 

A nurse friend told me she had zero symptoms after her first vaccine -- but a whole week after her 2nd vaccine, she had extreme fatigue and body aches that lasted a couple days.

Just me, but I'd rather have a couple days of body aches than Covid itself.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

I got my first Pfizer shot a couple days ago.  My arm has been pretty sore --- like in the muscle, but seems to be getting better.  I haven't really noticed much of anything else so far.  It doesn't seem to be so far any worse than any other shot I have gotten.

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Respected Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

@wonderfulworld -- Are you sure your leg aches and hip pain was a side effect of your vaccination?   Or, is it possible your aches were caused by something else?   I'm in my 70's and sometimes have mysterious aches and pains following household chores or gardening. 

A nurse friend told me she had zero symptoms after her first vaccine -- but a whole week after her 2nd vaccine, she had extreme fatigue and body aches that lasted a couple days.

Just me, but I'd rather have a couple days of body aches than Covid itself.  

I think so only because it was such a short time that the symptoms lasted. Came on quickly and left quickly...but of course it may be something else as you point out. Also, the body aches were more 'flu' feeling than over exertion. At any rate they are all gone now. Thank you for your reply.

Honored Contributor

You have to stay active! I'm a type 1 diabetic and choose to really take care of myself. I walk daily, never stop. I just got my 2nd vaccine the other day and sailed through it wonderfully! I feel it's because I exercise daily. I read about all of the side effects people are getting from this vaccine. Trust me, its not the vaccine, its because most don't take care of themselves (daily exercise). JMO

"Pure Michigan"
Respected Contributor

@spent2much

okey dokey....