Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

Blue light glasses for computer workers? Your experience?

[ Edited ]

I'm looking into getting some blue light glasses since I spend most of my life in front of PC screen for work. Have you found them useful?

Honored Contributor

Re: Blue light glasses for computer workers? Your experience?

I've tried some of the ones sold here but I don't see much difference.  The ones that I like best have an amber tint to the lenses.  I'm wearing a pair now and it only warms up the screem a bit but doesn't change color.

It's a relief on the eyse if you're on a blue screen which is all computers & phones.

Honored Contributor

I think this blue light business is just a sales gimmick.  I got some and could tell no difference whatsoever.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

I have had tint on my prescription lenses for this for 2 years, and do feel it helps.
Valued Contributor

I thought the purpose of these glasses was to protect your eyes from blue light, not to improve your vision or make your eyes feel less strained.

Honored Contributor

Forget the glasses. Just go into your computer settings and turn on the night light by typing  night light in the search box below. From there you can adjust how much blue you need to cut out. I believe the night light feature present on most devices. 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I was having a lot of trouble with night time dry eye.  @SilleeMee  Made the suggestion of turning on the night light mode on my iPad some time ago.  I did that and I also wear the blue light reading glasses.   Between these two things, my night time dry eye is almost none existent now.  

Thank you SilleeMee!

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Honored Contributor

You're welcome Woman Happy @4kitties 

That night light feature made a big difference for me, too. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have severe light sensitivity (photophobia) due to dry eye and they help me a lot. Noticable difference in comfort when I wear them in front of a computer screen. That and turning my brightness all the way down on my computer.

Originally joined board 12-14-2004
Esteemed Contributor

I have had OTC blue light readers and did not see a difference.  Might be different with prescriptions.