Respected Contributor

wow,today I had a dr appointment with a nurse to check on my bp.omg!top number was almost 200.of course I am always nervous when going to the Dr's office,but never has it been that high.dr is having me continue checking on this twice a day.i had to purchase one at my local pharmacy store.of course when I checked it at home,it was much lower.as it is now,I am on 4 BP pills a day.

Super Contributor

When mine is high at the drs office they wait awhile and then take it again...hopefully they tried that.  And why 4 bp pills...? Can't you get the same strength in 1 pill?

Respected Contributor

Wow! Hope it was much lower at home! Best of luck.

Respected Contributor

@89135 wrote:

When mine is high at the drs office they wait awhile and then take it again...hopefully they tried that.  And why 4 bp pills...? Can't you get the same strength in 1 pill?

I take 3 different bp pills.  They all work differently and you could never take one that is that high in milligrams.  If you have high blood pressure for as long I have you would understand.  

Honored Contributor

@89135 Maybe not. You don't know the meds or the dosage. Her doctor DOES. I'm on BP meds and dosages can vary greatly from person to person.

Respected Contributor

yes,nurse waited another 10 minutes for another checit was lower then.nurse told me dr won't prescribe another pill,but may up strength on some.this is just another worry for me.i go back again for another check next friday

Respected Contributor

@luvmybeetle wrote:

@89135 wrote:

I take 3 different bp pills.  They all work differently and you could never take one that is that high in milligrams.  If you have high blood pressure for as long I have you would understand.  

@luvmybeetle 

I just had this conversation with my PCP on video call.  I take 3 BP very low dosage pills.  When I wanted to get down to 1 pill, she said each pill works on a different component of BP.

While I don't consider my pressure high, it no longer is the 120/80 it was for years.

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill
Honored Contributor

Re: Blood pressure

[ Edited ]

hckynut(john)
Respected Contributor

@Luvsmyfam  If I can make a suggestion....take your blood pressure machine to your doctor to make sure your machine matches his in the office, otherwise you are getting a false reading

Respected Contributor

Prayers that your BP is brought under control.  Your meds and a healthy diet is very important as I'm sure you already know. Take care